MORLEY RULES!!!!!!! - Jemsite
Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

My Bad Horsie pedal broke down on me, *And I called Morley and sent it in to be fixed.

SUPER fast turn around time,,,very nice to talk to on the phone, WOW! And some goodies with the return of the pedal!!! *
They are just awesome!!! The bad Horsie sounds excellent, by far the best IMO, and to have the company be so nice when there is a problem. *Very Cool!

Little *ALLIGATOR is next stop!

Peace
RJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 11:09 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I also had a very pleasant experience with Morley. My Bad Horsie had a bad spring in the footpedal and they replaced it fro free *even after warranty expired . All companies such back their products with that kind of customer support
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 12:52 AM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

Morley is a company with great CS. *I wanted them to mod the frequency range on my BH. *They said no problem. *i sent it in and they replaced the old spring as well. *Sent the pedal back in a new box. *

If you guys have the older version of the pedal send it in and they'll replace the spring in it. *The original flat springs tend to fail. *They replace it with a rugged coil spring that tightens up the throw of the pedal. *It's a less sloppy feel.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

Rite on! *Thats great to hear even more excellent things about Morley. They are awesome!!! *

Such a positive experience!

Peace,,,
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 04:55 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

You can't beat them. *My BH was acting up out of the box so I called Morley and they had no problems swapping it out and said they would ship it express. *I found the problem and fixed it myself so no biggie.
Well, I had posted a very positive review of the pedal on Harmony-Central and someone from Morley emailed me and sent me a really cool Morley/Vai shirt.
It is really good to see a company that supports and appreciates it's customers, not to mention it's the best Wah on the market!
KO
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 08:57 AM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I bought a regular Morley Wah?Volume pedal about 4 yrs ago. It didn't have much 'wah' and the volume pedal was next to useless-only the last few degrees of travel had any effectie from silence to loud in just a few degrees.
Was mine a bad pedal or were they all like that?
I have to say it put me off Morley stuff-I have avoided both the new Vai pedals, and just play a Crybaby.

Any tips on improving the sound on my original, that I still have in a box?

Thanks
Guy
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 01:28 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I also had a bad experiance a couple of years ago with Morley. I had there best regular Wah, and I couldnt get anything out of it. I was really disapointed. Ive spent probably $600 in effects just this year, but non on Morley becuase of that. I really wanted to try out the BadHorsie and Little alligator, but ive been scared to take the chance.

buzz
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 04:37 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I had kind of the same situation, I bought a regular Morley Wah and didn't like it at all. took it back. The guy at the store recommended I try a BH(he said that is what he used), I was skeptical, but I took one home and am very happy. *I tried a Crybaby but didn't like the feel, sounded good too. *So don't be afraid to give one a test drive. *It's all "Ice Cream....." :biggrin:

Sean
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

The BH is very sweet! I have tryed a couple Morleys in the past, didn't care for them, yet I do remember one 10 years ago that was insaine!

The Original Dunlop wah is ok, but very noisy. The BH is much warmer and is very Quiet compared to the Dulop.

Can't beat the BH at such a great price!

Peace to the wah-waves...

later...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 03:24 AM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

my favorite so far is the dunlop 535Q, but I'm interesting in these Teese Pot's, anybody tried them?, I heard joe satriani has teese pot in his standard crybaby, and his wah rocks!

mike
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 05:12 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I have to get my bit of praise for the morley guys too!!

Bare in mind I live in ENGLAND, and its notoriously difficult to get parts for stuff like this.......

My BH broke the flat spring snapped...heart broken as I was I emailed morley with the problem. I got a very prompt response from a real human being - not an auto-reply from the server.

The guy in the mail said to send him my home address and they would mail me to the UK the instructions and parts to fix it!! COMPLETELY free, a year after the warenty had expired.

I couldn't get over it.

And the best only 4 days after I sent them the email of my adderss - through the mail comes the parts and instructions.

Totally restored my faith in why I use the internet, and there are good comapnies out there!!

Later

Track7
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 10:09 PM
Banned

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

Had to bring this topic back to life...
A couple of weeks ago I set up at the gig, plugged in my pedal board and my Bad Horsie wouldn't turn off. *I tried everything but it just wouldn't shut off!!!! *
I disconnected it and gigged without it.
The next day I e-mailed Morley (they have a Hotmail box, this kinda freaked me out) and they responded almost immediately. *Gave me a # to call and I did. *The tech talked me through a couple of tests and determined that it must have a fried chip, probobly due to a power surge. *My pedal is atleast 3 years old, WAY out of warranty but they fixed it free, cleaned it up.. put a new rubber pad on the pedal and replaced the little rubber stopper things on the back. *They had it back in the mail within 24hours of recieving it!!! all at no cost to me! *Awesome CS. *I wish everybody out there was like this. *I'm VERY impressed.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 02:20 AM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

J Todd...you can have them tweak the freq range on the BH? *If so, I have a new-found interest for it. *How much does this cost?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 04:19 AM

Reviews: 2
MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

I have a normal Morley wah 5 years and not one problem.

I must admit I think it works better on clean than with dist.

I was thinking of trying a vox but i don't use much wah anyway So I'll probably just live with it.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 03:00 PM

MORLEY RULES!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote: from Josh Blagg on 2:20 am on June 30, 2001
J Todd...you can have them tweak the freq range on the BH? *If so, I have a new-found interest for it. *How much does this cost?
It's free! *Just give them a call Mon - Fri between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm central time at 1-800-284-5172. *Ask for Bill Wenzloff. *Tell him which way you need the range adjusted to. *Make sure you have the bottom cover of the pedal removed and a very small flathead screwdriver in hand when you call! *

Have fun!

Tags
dunlop wah , joe satriani , morley wah , pedal board , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode