<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Gear and Equipment

Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Reviews: 69

My Barber LTD Overdrive pedal review

Just as an intro, I am going to be doing gear review vids a lot more often. I figure it is a great way to somewhat justify my GAS, haha. So here is my second one of the day. I'm going to try and do two or so per week as a regular thing, but hopefully more during the holidays. So feel free to comment and make suggestions. Thanks for watching!

Hey guys, so I snagged this pedal a year or so ago when Barber was blowing out some items during their blem sale. I haven't used it much, so I decided to break it out and do a video review.

Overall, it's a great fresh sounding overdrive compared to the usual Tube Screamer-esque pedals out there. Very smooth without that mid thing that TS pedals do; so like a flatter Tube Screamer I suppose. It won't replace a Tube Screamer if you want that mid boost, but if you wan't a Tube Screamer, buy a Tube Screamer.

Enough with the Tube Screamer talk, this is a great Overdrive pedal on its own. The controls are vey responsive and have a lot of killer tones in all positions. For this video demo, I started with just the amp, Then the LTD with controls at noon, then with the Drive at 3 o'clock, then with the volume at 3 o'clock and the Drive back down to noon.

I used a Marshall JCM 800 reissue head with a Mesa Standard sized 4x12 with Celestion V30's. I miked the amp with a Sennheiser MD421 on a speaker, and a Shure SM7B farther out for a little roominess.

I would put this pedal up against any OD pedal out there.

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQx1YZho2w

Tags
barber, overdrive pedal

Show/Hide Posting Rules