New titanium double locking tremolo - Jemsite
Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 120
New titanium double locking tremolo

Hantug Custom Guitars and Parts made some Edge/Lo Pro Edge brass and titanium sustain blocks with my help a couple of years back. These were designed with the original sustain block design in mind, unlike many of the other manufacturers who just make squared off blocks with no spring retainers, and are also offered at prices better than some of the manufacturers too. These are great blocks, and I believe that they've been selling quite a few of them since we designed it.

Now they have a new all titanium double locking tremolo coming out that should be a direct for Floyd Rose tremolos.
http://www.hantug.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=91

There looks to be spare parts if you are looking to just upgrade parts on your existing bridge. I think they are being formally announced on the 10th or 11th. I'm sure that these will be really keenly priced compared to the other options too. I'm going to be receiving a review sample soon, and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 11:59 PM

Re: New titanium double locking tremolo

Thanks for the update.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:29 PM

Saddles look a lot like the Floyd Upgrades titanium saddles, which sell for more than this whole bridge.

Then again, I've been using Floyd Upgrades stuff for years, and it's ****ing awesome and the guy behind the company kicks ass to work with, so...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

The Hantug stuff is awesome too. FU-Tone is good, but I feel it's overpriced for what it is.

I've got a titanium/brass baseplate vintage 6 hole tremolo from Hantug which is amazing. Fantastic tone. The Edge blocks we designed are the best ones out there in my opinion, and well priced for the work done to them. The titanium is the cheapest you'll fine, and the clarity is phenomenal.

Hantug are definitely up there based on price and design. I bet this bridge will be a winner too.

KGC are awesome too, a bit pricey, but the design work and quality is amazing. Their spring claws are solid as all hell compared to the thin bent ones that FU sell, and definitely worth the extra price. Their sustain blocks are for more extensive in their design too, and worth the bit extra too.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Saddles look a lot like the Floyd Upgrades titanium saddles, which sell for more than this whole bridge.

Then again, I've been using Floyd Upgrades stuff for years, and it's ****ing awesome and the guy behind the company kicks ass to work with, so...
+1 for the FU stuff. I have a pickup mount I bought off the bay in one warmoth and and upgraded bridge in the other.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 05:03 PM

Yeah, gotta disagree - I haven't been buying the titanium stuff from Floyd Upgrades (except the string blocks, which I use on all my floyds because the stock ones ARE so prone to breakage), but I think their stainless and brass parts are fairly priced for what they are - American made high quality machined replacement parts made by a guy who's passionate about what he does.

Doesn't mean this stuff is going to be bad, and it's cool that you seem to have had a hand in the designing, but I think a lot of the price difference can be attributed to country of origin, and some people are fine with paying for that.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure country of origin has a big part in the price difference. But I think a lot of FU's pricing is still based on name recognition, and perception of quality. I know he's passionate about what he does, but constantly bagging other companies, etc, even bagging out clever diy hacks (I've personally had that happen through a blog post I wrote). Hell I'm sure when he changed name to FU that was a big play on what FU could also mean to give the finger to others.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I'm sure country of origin has a big part in the price difference. But I think a lot of FU's pricing is still based on name recognition, and perception of quality. I know he's passionate about what he does, but constantly bagging other companies, etc, even bagging out clever diy hacks (I've personally had that happen through a blog post I wrote). Hell I'm sure when he changed name to FU that was a big play on what FU could also mean to give the finger to others.
So, if that bothers you, maybe taking a page from his book (disparaging Floyd Upgrades for being "overpriced for what they are") isn't the best way to differentiate yourself, if you have a hand in this company.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
So, if that bothers you, maybe taking a page from his book (disparaging Floyd Upgrades for being "overpriced for what they are") isn't the best way to differentiate yourself, if you have a hand in this company.
Well I'm speaking as someone that's reviewed a bunch of stuff from various companies. I don't have a hand in the company. Just have helped with some designs, and offered some advice.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 01:06 PM

there are good prices on eBay on some of these ... fwiw

Tags
floyd rose , hantug , titanium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode