Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Orange Tiny Terror into Vibro Champ XD

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AlaskaBat 
#1 ·
Hi, I have always wanted an Orange Tiny Terror Amp and since its on sale on boxing day. I have decided to make the purchase. I currently own a Fender Vibro Champ XD, and I don't really want to dish out extra cash for a cab since I am buying a les paul classic the same day. I was wondering if i could use the cable from the speaker out to Tiny Terror? or tiny terror into the input of vibro champ as a speaker?

By the way, has anyone tried plugging a JEM7V into a TT? how does it sound? I can't really find a video on youtube of anyone doing it, and I don't want to haul my baby to the store with so many people in there pushing and shoving. I'm paranoid haha.

#3 ·
If you're buying an amp in-store, the best approach is always take your own guitar.
Other people's videos or sound clips can give an idea, but you have to decide for yourself.
Nothing compares and it's truly the best way to know exactly how your rig will sound.

#4 ·
the manual says:

SPEAKER OUT - connection for the internal speaker or an external speaker (4ohm / 5w minimum)

LINE OUT connect recording or sound reinforcement equipment here.

TT has two 8 ohm outputs and one 16ohm outputs.

Does that mean the TT is too big for the speaker? But then it says 4ohm minimum. Does that mean anything over 4ohm is fine? I am confused.

#5 ·
you can mis-match ohms as long as the amp is at a lower ohm rating than the speaker. It is no recommened though. It also results in a volume decress.

In you case the speaker's ohm rating is lower than what the tiny terror puts out so it could damage the output transformer.

If the TT has a headphone/preamp out (that means the power amp is dis-engaged), then you can run that into the clean XD so basically the TT is a pre amp.

You can find speaker cabs cheap enough used. I have seen peavey 4x12 go for like 150 before. They are good cabs too.

anyways hit up your local pawn shops, and craigslist.com for deals on used stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.