Ibanez JEM Forum banner

POD through a PA for gigs ?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rty13ibz98 
#1 ·
Any of you guys have any experience running a POD through a PA for gigs. I am getting a new amp next week and was going to sell my old one and take the POD to gigs for a backup, does it work ? Obviously it would be for emergencies only.

I really don't fancy carting 2 amps to every gig.

Cheers

#2 ·
I usually use my XT Live for duo or smaller gigs where we take our own PA. I don't use it for full-band gigs simply because we're normally in larger venues and you just can't always rely on a good monitor mix from some venues.

I usually keep it with me as a backup for full-band gigs though. Ya just never know :)

#6 ·
yeah tried it a few times... I dont have a floor one so I gaffer taped it to a music stand.. was ok.. set up time was great... I had difficulties hearing cause we only had two foldbacks and the vocalists were complaining of too much instrument in the foldback mix... So had to trust the POD tuner and the guy manning the PA that what I was playing sounded ok out front...

Apart from the technical difficulties it sounded ok... plus it was nice to have stereo effects ;) If I was going to do it again.. id want my own foldback/monitor ..

I see more and more bands (not TV bands but local bands etc) going digital all the time... makes alot of sense on a tight budget and from a mixing and logistical point of view.

#7 ·
it's easy setup. running the pod thru the pa is what sold me on line6. now i use line6 exclusively. i used to just run the pod thru the pa with a monitor mix only and the audience gave me rave reviews. at that time i was using 5150's, those were just too loud for the clubs we were playing. the pod fit great. going on 5 years with the line6.

rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.