<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Gear and Equipment

Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Old 12-11-2000, 10:47 PM

Rack signal chain question - splitting signal to tuner

ok - I've got a signal coming from my amp effects loop into an effects unit in the rack. *Signal continues to processor number two, *and then back to the return. *Everything is mono.

I have a Korg DT-1 in my rack that I would like to be 100% active when I'm playing, *but I don't want the real signal to go through the tuner (it is noisy).

So I'm thinking set up a "Y" connection and send one signal on, *and the other into the tuner. *Will I be reducing my signal if I do this? *What device is highest quality and best buy for this application? *If this is the best way to do this where do you recommend the "Y" take place?

Luther
Old 12-12-2000, 10:16 AM

Rack signal chain question

One way to do it, woiuld be to get an EB Volume pedal, the 6166. *It has a seperate out for the tuner. *Splitting your signal after the preamp is going to cut the signal in half either direction. *The volume pedal has the circuitry to keep the signal strenth the same.
That's what I would do.
Anyone else got a better idea?

oh, if your processor has a stereo out, and you can control each channel, you could do the right channel as YOUR processing mix, and the left channel totally dry and into the tuner.
Old 12-12-2000, 10:24 AM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

You could also use an A/B switch first in the chain off the guitar output. It would send 100% of the signal either to the tuner or thru to the pedals --> rack --> amp.
Old 12-13-2000, 12:29 PM

Reviews: 1

Do ANY of the effects in your chain have stereo outs? If so, take one of those outputs and run it straight to the tuner. you will not suffer signal degradation that way.
Old 12-14-2000, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. *I did just send the signal out of the stereo out of the effects units and it works great. *Since I have "smart switching" *outputs, *I thought if I plugged in the stereo outs it would automatically go into stereo mode, *but the signal seems fine. *problem solved without spending a dime! *How often can you say that?

Luther

Tags
volume pedal

Show/Hide Posting Rules