Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Radial Trimode or Plexitube

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  elcid 
#1 ·
Anyone got experience with these pedals? I have tried the original Tonebone Classic, which is great, but what I want is to get one of the two mode models (Trimode or Plexitube), so that I can leave my sparkly new AC30 on almost clean, then use the Radial Pedal to toggle between clean, crunch and lead - the tone I am looking for is more blues/fusion than metal/shred, and while I love the Marshall Plaex tones, a lot of the press I have read about the Plexitube seems to suggest it might be more of a shredder's sound. Anyone tried them both? Any opinions? Anyone compared them to the old Mesa V-Twin Pedal (other possible choice)?

Thanks,

David

#2 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent those just like having 2 versions of one pedal. I thought the Trimode was just like 2 Classics and the Plexitube was like 2 Hot Britishes. I had both a Hot British and a Classic and I think the Classic kills the British.

Not sure how it would work with the AC30 or a shredder sound, but I just picked up a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet and it's the cat's ass. It didnt replace my TB Classic, but it did earn a permanent spot on my pedal board

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.