<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Gear and Equipment

Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Satchurator released today!

Yep, it's on sale today, finally...

I'm going to head over to my local guitar center and snag one a little after noon.

What do you guys think of it?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Re: Satchurator released today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofBlindingLights View Post
What do you guys think of it?
I think you should post a review and tell us what you think
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 PM

It would take a LOT for me to want to add an external pedal to my setup but I'm gonna give it a try. Sounds like it might be a great pedal.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 PM

I've been wanting this thing since the day I saw it announced. It was supposed to be at the local GC's today, but they told me they haven't seen or even heard about this pedal. I got tired of calling to see when they'd have it, so I ordered one from musicians friend. $129 doesn't seem to be a lot to gamble on something Satch put his name on and claims to have recorded his new album with.

I'll post reviews once I get my fat fingers on it.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM

I got an e-mail alert from Guitar Center yesterday:

"Thanks for your inquiry about Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal Red Metallic

This item is currently on order and expected to arrive in our warehouse by 7/29/2008. We will send you another email as soon as it is in stock.

Please be advised that many shipments are pre-sold even before they arrive. To guarantee your place in line, we recommend that you order this item now; by ordering now, the item will automatically ship to you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse.

Please note that your credit card will not be charged until the item ships, and you may cancel at any time before shipment. To order now, click here:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/myaccoun...ty=1&nid=75878

Thanks again for your support! Play well-

GuitarCenter.com"
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM

Vox pedals have always seemed top notch to me. The Jsx is the only peavey thing ive liked since the 5150 cab, so Joe's stuff is pretty cool i mean who doesnt love the feel of a good Js2000. I think itll be pretty rad but i still gotta play it before i buy it. I cant wait to hear what yall say. Is it true bypass?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantesstudio View Post
Vox pedals have always seemed top notch to me. The Jsx is the only peavey thing ive liked since the 5150 cab, so Joe's stuff is pretty cool i mean who doesnt love the feel of a good Js2000. I think itll be pretty rad but i still gotta play it before i buy it. I cant wait to hear what yall say. Is it true bypass?
Hey dude...I don't think it is true bypass, but it is analog, and the 'Pad' switch will limit tone colouring by pedals put before it, such as noisy wahs like the Dunlop 535Q. Joe has been working on the pedal with Vox for a year and a half, so I'm sure he tweaked it enough so that there isn't a noticable colouration of tone when bypassed...I know what you mean about the JS 2000 as well...After owning a JS 1200 for awhile, I HAD TO block the trem...I've found the improved sustain, tone, and ability to do in-tune unison bends was well worth sacrificing for the whammy dive bombs and squeals...I've found that I've improved my technique at a much higher rate because I wasn't abusing the whammy every 2 seconds...Would love to get a fixed-bridge JS though, that isn't as hideous as the new JS...I'll wait!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:24 AM

MF (musicians friend acronym subject to change based on shipping date...) has mine back ordered now. I guess I can be patient... Some of the early reports had this thing being available in August or September.

I know what you mean about wanting to get your hands on a pedal before pulling the trigger and buying it, but how bad can this thing sound with a JS1200 and a Marshall? Sure some kid with a entry level guitar playing through a crap amp might be disappointed that this doesn't make his crap set-up sound like satch, but I figure it's worth the gamble given my current rig.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:34 AM

MF now has the available date as 8-15.

I'm going to wind up waiting forever for this thing.

CityofBlindingLights, did you get your hands on one?

I was going to head to GC at lunch for the AC and some chords.

Anyone ever try to cancel a MF order?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM

Let's face it boyos...nobody's going to have one of these (except Satch) for a long time.

Oh, and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLG421
Anyone ever try to cancel a MF order?
...I have, and it's such a pain in the a** that it's one of the key reasons why I've basically sworn off ordering anything through them. I use AMS and Sweetwater, now. I'll go to GC (brick and mortar counterpart to MF) from time to time, but I don't even like doing that...same inventory, same lack of logic and service, etc.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:59 AM

I've learned so much valuable info from this site... Don't know why I let the whole MF discussion go in one ear and out the other. This is my first order with them.

Can't say they've done enough to sour me completely, but to have the available date shift a whole month after placing my order kind of sucks.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:38 PM

They do that...A lot...That's why I hate MF.

Guitar Center is different for me though. We have some great guys working at ours, and they are really nice about making deals and taking back stuff (sometimes even if it is past the 30-day period).
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM

Never got my hands on one, I gave GC my number and they said that they'd call me the day they got one, and put it on hold for me.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:25 PM

The latest e-mail from GC: "This item is currently on order and expected to arrive in our warehouse by 8/29/2008" That's the 3rd time I've put my name on the e-mail alert list for the Satchurator in the past couple of days, and it's the 3rd date I've been given....try it...You'll get an e-mail back right away...Wondering if Satch/Vox are still tweaking the pedal or if it has something to do with problems in production...Ah well, hopefully we'll see it before Christmas...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
The latest e-mail from GC: "This item is currently on order and expected to arrive in our warehouse by 8/29/2008" That's the 3rd time I've put my name on the e-mail alert list for the Satchurator in the past couple of days, and it's the 3rd date I've been given....try it...You'll get an e-mail back right away...Wondering if Satch/Vox are still tweaking the pedal or if it has something to do with problems in production...Ah well, hopefully we'll see it before Christmas...
It could be that, but I suspect that this boils down to most of these retailers (and indeed, vox) failing to accurately forecast the wildfire demand for these things. Maybe they weren't confident in the initial numbers.

All I know is that if I'm getting one, I'm going to get one of the early-production units. When Vox catches up, it's going to be because they ramped up production to fairly ridiculous levels, and that can lead to sloppy qc and corner-cutting measures. Anyway, it's always a possibility, and it wouldn't be the first product whose quality has suffered simply due to unprecedented demand.

Show/Hide Posting Rules