Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Thoughts on Peavey VK1o0

772 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ErickMoral 
#1 ·
Hey guys! It's been quite a while since my last post. Anyways, I was looking for a backup amp. My current amp is a Bugera 333. It serves both as my personal amp and a rental amp for bands (and I really love it btw). However, I need a second amp for rental for a second guitarist or as a backup head to my bugera.

Now someone offered me a Peavey Valve King 100. They were giving it for about $430 including a Peavey Windsor 4x12 Cab. Do you guys think it's a reliable amp? Does it sound good? And finally is this a good deal? Thanks guys :D

#2 ·
EDIT: I got to try out the amp earlier at a bar where it was located. There seems to be a hum that gets louder when you turn up the resonance knob from 0 to whatever value. I asked the owner if I could bring it home to test it since it could be a problem with the power source and she agreed. However, it could also be a broken tube. If that was the case, do you guys still think it's a good deal? Thanks :D

#5 ·
It´s definitely a bad tube, I had a VK212 which did exactly the same, replaced the all the tubes and the thing is still rocking every weekend.

Incidentally, did you get the valveking? what are your thoughts in comparison with the 333? I´m about to pull the trigger on one. How do you compare both clean and crunch channels on both?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.