FS: 1992 Ibanez 442r Radius (+/- JS Strat) ALDER body + MAPLE board - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Arrow FS: 1992 Ibanez 442r Radius (+/- JS Strat) ALDER body + MAPLE board

I have TWO 1992 Ibanez 442r Radius guitars, one in Cherry Sunburst (CS) and the other in Tobacco Sunburst (TS). Exceedingly rare guitars and very cool if you always wanted a maple fretboard on an Alder JS body.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...S/IMG_1315.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...S/IMG_1350.jpg

BODY: ALDER
FRETBOARD: MAPLE

Here's links to two separate photobucket albums:

442R CS (Cherry Sunburst):
http://s365.photobucket.com/user/gra...ibrary/442R_CS

442R TS (Tobacco Sunburst):
http://s365.photobucket.com/user/gra...ibrary/442R_TS

the 442R TS (Tobacco Sunburst) has stock pickups. I put chrome ALLPARTS pickup covers on the neck and middle pickups but i still have the original pickup covers and they're in good shape. The cover for the trem springs is original but a little warped for some reason.

the 442R CS (Cherry Sunburst) does NOT have stock pickups. The bridge pickup is a creme and black DiMarzio Bluesbucker, the middle pickup is a DiMarzio single coil and the neck pickup is, I believe, the original stock pickup. The neck and middle pickups have creme Dimarzio pickup covers. I currently have a creme tone knob on the guitar but I can put the original black tone knob back on it. the cover for the trem springs is not original.

The single coil pickups in both guitars are real single coils, NOT stacked humbuckers. They're very strat-y sounding.

the 442R TS is not setup with the trem floating and i do NOT have the trem arm for it. The 442R CS is set up to float and I DO have the trem arm for it.

Both are set up nicely, though not professionally, with .009 gauge D'Addario XL strings. I don't see fret wear on either guitar. No divots or flattened out frets and no signs of a fret level. They both look really great on the neck, fretboard and fretwear front.

Another cool thing is that apparently, when Joe Satriani modified the Radius shape for his JS signature model, Ibanez in turn modified their Radius model to have the same body as the JS. I think the JS is slightly smaller than the original 540R body and the curves are just a little different. Hence, the 1992 442R really is like having an alder JS body with a strat like floating bridge and a maple board..

I think the 442R CS Cherry Sunburst would look awesome with red pickup covers and a red DiMarzio Fred (or Mo Joe) in the bridge. Both guitars get very Strat-y tones.

I'm asking $792 shipped for each guitar

OR $1442 shipped for BOTH guitars.

Feel free to PM me with offers and I'll consider them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
442r , 540r , js2410 , radius , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode