<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Local Jams & Events

Local Jams & Events Info and discussion about local meet, greet, jam sessions or get togethers.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234
wish I could join
Dave, you would be more than welcome! Perhaps a rendition of 'Touching tongues' by you?
It'd be an honor, dude! The only thing stopping me is a damn ocean.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:24 PM

SNAP!!

I've just got a new Job in Oz too! Where will you be living when you get there??
Old 01-13-2004, 04:38 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezNorthwest
SNAP!!

I've just got a new Job in Oz too! Where will you be living when you get there??
Melbourne
Discussion here
Old 01-15-2004, 03:34 AM

Reviews: 2
I'm planning on making it for both days. I'm having a bit of trouble getting back on the Sunday though.

Si, Any chance of crashing at yours one last time ? If it's a hassle I'll get a hotel. Mail me and let me know.

Cheers
P
Old 01-15-2004, 10:00 AM

Simon, can you post some sort of an itinerary for Saturday for us dudes that live out of town.

Since I only go to London about once a month, I'll use this outing to check out Denmark Street shops even though I'm not really looking for anything.
Anyone want to meet there around 10.30 - 11.00 or something?

ilia
Old 01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
I'm planning on making it for both days. I'm having a bit of trouble getting back on the Sunday though.

Si, Any chance of crashing at yours one last time ? If it's a hassle I'll get a hotel. Mail me and let me know.

Cheers
P
not a problem, mailing you now
Old 01-15-2004, 03:14 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Simon, can you post some sort of an itinerary for Saturday for us dudes that live out of town.

Since I only go to London about once a month, I'll use this outing to check out Denmark Street shops even though I'm not really looking for anything.
Anyone want to meet there around 10.30 - 11.00 or something?

ilia
Here we go

Friday
Daytime- tidy up the flat with a bit of vacuuming

a trip to Tesco for some beer and food

Evening
Out to the pub-Intrepid Fox for a few ales 7-8pm
and a few ales more later

Saturday

12 pm onwards a very relaxed jam at my place with my couple of amps, guitars and when we want a break a few beers and some choice DVDs and some 'unofficial recordings'

So bring a guitar and some beer!!

If you dont know my address and mobile number already then drop me a line.

For those of you heading off to see DT we will work around that.

For those of you not then we will be heading to the pub for guess what.... some beer!!
Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
(a)

Friday beers:

http://ultimatepubguide.com/pubs/info.phtml?pub_id=39

Old 01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
(a)

Dont forget to wear black and look metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll!!!!

\m/ \m/
Old 01-16-2004, 05:52 AM
(a)

Beers tonight-see you there
Old 01-16-2004, 12:08 PM

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it afterall

Anyway, have a good shred session!

Simon, all the best for the move to Oz.

Jon
Old 01-18-2004, 06:32 AM

Great jam guys, good to put some faces to the names.
Got to be a part of something famous (played the infamous BMC, which was out of tune , but can we say ultra low action?)

The gig was amazing, it was a good venue for DT, the sound was near perfect from where I was (3/4 of the way back, dead centre). Only the screens were messing up a lot, and La Bries mic had some echnical difficulties. But the level for the solo boosts was genereally good thoughout the night.
Petruccis tone was so good, and one of the highlights was hearing how good the piezo system on his guitar is.

I would have come out after the gig, but I think my spine would have collapsed.

p.s Have a great time in the land of Oz Simon.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:47 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
Great jam guys, good to put some faces to the names.
Got to be a part of something famous (played the infamous BMC, which was out of tune , but can we say ultra low action?)
You didnt say! I had a tuner there if you wanted it

Report on the festivities:

Friday evening and beyond...

Pete (welshpete) and Paul (Pablo) arrive in town and we all head off to the Gothic temple of rock that is the Intrepid Fox. After several ales we decide to get some food and go for 'death by garlic' at Garlic and Shots.
Several more beers later and some volcanic garlic bread we are ready for some more beers.
Off we go to the Phoenix bar which is a thespian hangout next to the theatre. We are joined by Richard (spagbol) and Darren Hunt (from Wipeout) for many more ales until the small hours. Some time was spent trying to decide whether some of the thespians were inhabitants of Libya or perhaps even visitors to the island of lesbos.

A 3 am Kebab stop off later and it is time to crash out.

Saturday (late morning)
I fall out of bed in need of tea and Paul heads off to Denmark Street for a GAS injection.
A quick tidy up and amp set up and before I have actually got up Haydn (monkeyboy) arrives with a flame guitar and a Fernandes seven string.

First vid on: Satch and Steve Vai at Seville 1992

Paul and Ilia (dex) get back from Denmark Street and Richard, Darren and Jamie (Darren's bro) arrive and we have a little noodle and start to watch:
Steve Vai live at the Astoria on which we see Jamie at 13.01 in the crowd!!

Art (artist) arrives and more watching and random noodling insues.

After the DVD time for a bit of a jam before people head off for DT. Jamie wows us with some fast licks followed later by some excellent PG and Satch licks from Art and Paul. Which was time to put the PG and Mr. Big vids on!!

After messing about with the seven string Fernandes it is time for a quick pizza before heading out for ale.

A 'none more black' nor 'none more metal' night at the Marlborough Head is in order with lots of scantily clad and buxom rock chics thrown in.

Ears full of metal, bellys filled with beer and eyes filled with eye candy we head off for more of the same at the sleazy dive nightclub Gossips.

Lots of beers later and we are joined by Darren, Jamie and Richard for some oogling, drinking and woeful singing and drumming to Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi and other cheesy rock acts while I embarassed myself by telling them about all the cheesy 80s rock bands I had seen!!!

Get back about 4 am!

Sunday:
Hangover from hell.

Paul goes off to enjoy GAS and catch a train and I die a slow death of over indulgence only partially aswaged by water, tea and warmed up pizza from last night!
I did watch a few movies on TV though... For you Eyes only, Jaws, Dude wheres my car and Trainspotting

I shall now go and try and a further addition of life giving tea and some more paracetamol!

None more metal \m/
Old 01-18-2004, 07:03 PM

What do you mean you WATCHED Trainspotting? It hasnt finished yet :P

I had a day of guitar, watched Dude .... and now trainspotting is ending, going to enjoy a nice sleep.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:06 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
What do you mean you WATCHED Trainspotting? It hasnt finished yet :P
well it finishes in about a minute so by the time most people read this I will have 'watched' it

Tags
guitar players, iron maiden, piezo system, steve vai

Show/Hide Posting Rules