<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Local Jams & Events

Local Jams & Events Info and discussion about local meet, greet, jam sessions or get togethers.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:49 AM

Mansons Guitar Show - 25th and 26th Oct!

I'm real excited because there is going to be an awesome guitar event in my home town!

Rock Legends And Guitar Greats To Attend Mansons Guitar Show

OCTOBER 25th & 26th 2008

Packed full of exhibitors, a room full of electrifying guitar performances, and now a star studded line-up of guests headed by none other than Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones – Manson’s Guitar Show is sure to be the major guitar event of 2008.

Held over two days at the Riverside Leisure Centre in Exeter the guest artist line-up (with more names being confirmed daily) includes world class demonstrators on behalf of major manufacturers such as Marshall, Ampeg, Alvarez, Peerless, Goodfellow, Music Man, Paul Reed Smith and Manson Guitars.

Saturday’s performances will be headlined by Martin Barre, guitarist with Jethro Tull since 1969. Martin has held down the guitar spot on virtually every album recorded by the band and is also a successful performer in his own right.

Guests appearing during the weekend also include Justin Hawkins, the flamboyant frontman of The Darkness and now leader of his new band Hot Leg. The namesake of Marshall Amplification, Jim Marshall OBE will also be signing for fans throughout the weekend. And Aziz Ibrahim who took over from John Squire as guitar player for The Stone Roses and has worked with Simply Red, Asia and Ian Brown will be performing at the show.

Sunday will feature none other than Led Zeppelin’s legendary multi-instrumentalist - John Paul Jones. John Paul was already a session legend in the UK before forming Led Zeppelin with Jimmy Page, John Bonham and Robert Plant, having worked with Jeff Beck, Donovan and performed or arranged for hundreds of artists. John will be answering questions during a special Q & A session on the Sunday of the show.

For the entire weekend artists will be appearing for signing sessions whilst the clinic room will have performances running throughout the day. Session great Big Jim Sullivan has played on over 1,000 hits. Yes, you read that right – 1,000 hits including Tom Jones, Scott Walker, Marty Wilde, Alvin Stardust, Carly Simon and other legendary 60s and 70s acts. His Sunday workshop will be a major attraction.
More names to be added soon.

Advance tickets are on sale now!

www.mansons.co.uk
01392 496379

Is anyone else going?

Chris
Old 10-16-2008, 08:10 AM
(a)

Re: Mansons Guitar Show - 25th and 26th Oct!

That sounds pretty good. Won't be able to make it though.
Mansons is a great shop, have purchased a couple guitars and stuff from them before, and they know how to set up a guitar!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Banned

would you be talking about andy manson ???.my mate has a very old accoustic made by manson.he asked me how much its worth,im not sure anyone got any ideas
Old 10-18-2008, 09:03 AM
(a)

He may be related. There's a guy called Hugh Manson who's the luthier. They have 2 Andy Manson acoustics for sale now which cost over £4000. I guess you probably looked already though.
I guess Big Job would know more
Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 AM

Andy, as far as I'm aware, is Hugh Mansons brother. Andy makes acoustics - and I guess if most famous for the Mermaid guitar. While Hugh does electrics - and is most famous for Matt Belemys guitars from Muse.

I have no idea as to the value of your friends acoustic but they go for serious money.

Chris
Old 10-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Job View Post
Andy, as far as I'm aware, is Hugh Mansons brother. Andy makes acoustics - and I guess if most famous for the Mermaid guitar. While Hugh does electrics - and is most famous for Matt Belemys guitars from Muse.

I have no idea as to the value of your friends acoustic but they go for serious money.

Chris
thanks mate.my mate will be well choughed to hear that
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 AM

I'm sure that if your friend took a picture and e mailed to Manson he would be happy to I.D the guitar and provide some information....

They are always really helpful to me!

Chris

Tags
mansons guitar show

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules