Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Anything like Amp Farm for poor people?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  LGMT 
#1 ·
I can't afford a TDM system... is there anything like Amp Farm or some other plugin based amp emulation for a poor slob like myself?

#4 ·
Hi! Amplitube rules!!! Seriously- it is an awesome plug. What DAW will u use it with? BTW- if anyone wants a very cool, low cost drum sampler/synth for VST or RTAS, FXpansion's DR-008 is simply incredible! The main guy there is Angus, and he is very friendly and helpful, quick responses.
Combine that with Drumkit From Hell, and drums are pretty much covered for rock/metal songs. Drummer from Messhuga did DFH, and it is the top seller at soundsonline.com for some time now. If you have time, check out the sample mp3's from either the DFH homepage, or at soundsonline.com. One of the mp3's has a narrator explaining how it was made, and a couple ways to use it.
The DR-008 can be bought online (I did anyway) from FXpansion, $149 at last check. DFH is around $90.
Any other questions about any of those, please ask :D Nikki :D

#5 ·
ns9 said:
Hi! Amplitube rules!!! Seriously- it is an awesome plug. What DAW will u use it with? BTW- if anyone wants a very cool, low cost drum sampler/synth for VST or RTAS, FXpansion's DR-008 is simply incredible! The main guy there is Angus, and he is very friendly and helpful, quick responses.
Combine that with Drumkit From Hell, and drums are pretty much covered for rock/metal songs. Drummer from Messhuga did DFH, and it is the top seller at soundsonline.com for some time now. If you have time, check out the sample mp3's from either the DFH homepage, or at soundsonline.com. One of the mp3's has a narrator explaining how it was made, and a couple ways to use it.
The DR-008 can be bought online (I did anyway) from FXpansion, $149 at last check. DFH is around $90.
Any other questions about any of those, please ask :D Nikki :D
How easy is it to use, in comparison to Battery? Is it more of a drum machine style, or a sampler?

#7 ·
Hi! DR-008 is similar to Battery. It has some different options available, but one does not need to use the full editing power it offers. I do not like to spend alot of time setting that stuff up, but love having it there when I do get time to spend time with it.
DR-008 is actually both drum sampler and drum synth. Use either, or blend. Very cool. Also, u can load grooves, and trigger em.
There are a ton of sounds to download after one buys it, plus it can import lm-4, battery (woohoo!), and a few others. With so much available, I went through a bunch of the sounds, set those I really liked aside, and load one of them (or merge a couple sets), write, and then if I decide I want to play with 'em to get a slightly different sound, the ability to do so is at least there.
It is a "buy and download" product, so no waiting for shipping (although there is about a 24 hour process period, sometimes less, ymmv). Sorry to go on, it is just that with the low price (compared to ANY decent drum synth/sampler out there), and the depth available if the user wants (as deep or deeper than battery, ONLY if u want tho!), for $149??? Sorry- awesome deal to me. And no- I dont work for, know personally, or have any reason to go on except that I just really like it :D
Same goes for DFH. I was so blown away. So many very cool tools available these days. Nikki :D

Oh- btw- amplitube; I ran a Cubase SX session, was doing a track count test. Had 120 tracks playing back, but with no plug-ins. Plugs=CPU, tracks=disk, soft samplers=ram. I added in 17 instances of Amplitube. Adding #18 finally brought my systems to its knees. To me, that is a "medium overhead plug." In case anyone was wondering..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.