Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Audiophile and latency problems!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ardell henderson 
#1 ·
I got a Audiophile 24/96 recording card and a M-audio audio buddy direct box for christmas. I installed the card and it works fine. I currently have the Guitar => direct box => Input on Card. I tried both a demo of Cubase and N-track studio, and both have long latency problems. The card specifically says "zero latency" and I was wondering how I need to change the buffers (they seem to affect this) or what else I can do to fix the problem. I am very new at computer recording, so be kind =)

Thanks.

#2 ·
first off, good choice on the gear, the 2496 is a great card and the direct box is a great lil unit.

What do you have your buffers set at in the Control panel in midiman's mixer. Lock your rate and prefereably play at 128 or 256 for your buffers. Make sure you have the proper driver chosen in Cubase under the VST tabs (midiman asio driver)

Right now my midiman is very stable at 5ms under high loads (p4 2.8) and the card always impresses me with it's great fidelity.

You may have to be more speicific with what options you have tweaked or not. Can you also list your other hardware and OS?

Try what I said and if not post again in this thread and Ill try help as much as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.