Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Digidesign MBOX questions

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ns9 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about getting an MBOX. Does anyone have any experience with it?
The MBOX is just an interface that brings audio into the computer through USB, right? Do you have to use Pro Tools?

thanks
todd

#4 ·
The MBox is soon to be released for Windows XP, plus they are also releasing an ASIO driver for it, so it will work with any ASIO supported app, like Cubase or Sonar.

Luckily I have a DJ friend who bought it and rarely uses it, so I'll be borrowing his once the ASIO driver comes out, so I can record live shows into Cubase.

#5 ·
Hi! MBox for Win XP is out; also, they have released an ASIO driver for it on Win XP as well. From personal experience- it works great :) I use it for writing, scratch tracks, and have an HD PT system in my studio (in same house) for doing more intense stuff. 32 tracks for MBox. For audio, cant beat it IMO. PT6 coming next year will be smokin, with better MIDI functions. And with ASIO, it goes with all the other good stuff like Cubase, Reason, and NI stuff :) nikki :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.