<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Recording Studio

Recording Studio To discuss recording gear, home studios, home studio PCs, studio techniques and the likes.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Re: Free VST Amp Modelilng: Lepou Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
Wow, thanks man. You're awesome.

1. I've googled.
2. Done some digging through many forums and articles.
3. Downloaded, and successfully used, but have not been able to do in real time (due to latency problems, that the majority of people don't seem to have...)

4. I would like to know if anyone here, on a website that I use frequently, would recommend a place where THEY STARTED, after they did some searching.

You know, be helpful and stuff. But hey, whatever.
There's no way to be helpful if the person with a problem(you) can't read, you'll keep asking weird questions while I already gave you an answer.

I started with an youtube video, if I could you can too.
VSTs wouldn't be useful if we couldn't use them in real time, in fact they would be crap.
If you have problems with latency, GOOGLE vst latency problem, it's not that difficult.
But like you said, you don't want a solution, you just want to keep talking to "anyone here, on a website that you use frequently".
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
wilch  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
There's no way to be helpful if the person with a problem(you) can't read, you'll keep asking weird questions while I already gave you an answer.
You're an angry soul aren't you. I have no problem with the world. Or you.

Quote:
I started with an youtube video, if I could you can too.
That's great. So did I. But with my post I was kinda hoping that someone would share exactly where they started, if they remembered. If not, then there's no need to post anything in reply.

Quote:
VSTs wouldn't be useful if we couldn't use them in real time, in fact they would be crap.
Sorry, but that statement is a load of crap. Have you never tracked a direct signal so you can tweak your tone afterwards? You know, "re-amp"?

Or is re-amping something only rich people should do and think about.

Quote:
If you have problems with latency, GOOGLE vst latency problem, it's not that difficult.
Did I ever say I hadn't done this yet? You assume so much. Take a chill pill. Peace, love, and good happiness stuff.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
But like you said, you don't want a solution, you just want to keep talking to "anyone here, on a website that you use frequently".
See I was right, I gave you another solution but you keep talking....talking.........talking.
YOU wanna teach me about re-amping?!
You didn't understood a single word I said but as you're the one who don't know how to use vsts, instead of keeping quoting me and giving weird nonsense replies, you should pay attention to what I said, your answers are there.
Chill pill?
I'm completely chill, you seem to be..............lost.
I tried but it's really difficult to be helpful to people like you.

Last edited by 6fingers; 11-29-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Get yourself over to guitarampmodelling.com and all your questions will be answered. This is without doubt the best online line resource for all things vst for the guitarist.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
wilch  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcraigie_1 View Post
Get yourself over to guitarampmodelling.com and all your questions will be answered. This is without doubt the best online line resource for all things vst for the guitarist.
Sweet. Thanks man. Checking it out now.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM

No bother. Everyone there is extremely helpful and beginners are well looked after. We'll have you up and running in no time. What set up are you using? DAW? Soundcard?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
wilch  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcraigie_1 View Post
No bother. Everyone there is extremely helpful and beginners are well looked after. We'll have you up and running in no time. What set up are you using? DAW? Soundcard?
The forum looks great. Didn't realise you had posted again, I was reading up on impulses on the site you linked.

I'm running the following:
PodXT Pro->analog out (stereo)->Presonus AudioBox 22VSL

DAW is Cakewalk Music Creator 5 (which I regret buying. But oh well). (also can't seem to use the ASIO drivers with this.

PC is a desktop Win7 64bit machine i7 920, with 6GB of RAM.

I've tried the free version of Presonus's Studio One(came with the 22VSL) but don't like it as much. There's less control, and I can hear digital artifacts coming through the mix even when using the ASIO drivers. Upside is ASIO works, but there's still latency when playing and listening back live.

What I'd like to do is, in real time (without latency), try using software IR's with the PODxt and have it's cab emulation turned off.

I'd also like to be able to try some of the Amp Modelling stuff mentioned here, but without the latency.

I've found a few threads on the site you linked already where people have done the stuff I've been attempting. Reading through that now. Thanks again for that link http://www.guitarampmodeling.com. Lots of great info there!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM

I tried LEpou amp sim a while back and I remember them to very good and useworhty.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 AM

Before I had an axe fx I was using lepou plugins for quite a while. I highly recommend them.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Line6 Gearbox gold plugins bundle SilverSurfer2 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 11-07-2007 04:43 PM
amp-plugins straymond Recording Studio 1 04-16-2006 07:34 PM
Tutorial on playing guitar through software plugins maggotcontrol Recording Studio 0 03-24-2005 06:41 PM
Free VST Plugins? Two hands31 Recording Studio 4 07-13-2004 10:51 AM
Installing plugins/software from a CD (cracked versions) SilverSurfer2 Recording Studio 2 02-17-2003 12:16 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29