<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Recording Studio

Recording Studio To discuss recording gear, home studios, home studio PCs, studio techniques and the likes.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Reviews: 2

Free VST Amp Modelilng: Lepou Plugins

For anyone who uses vst plugin amp simulatours e.g. Guitar Rig, Amplitube or were looking for alternatives there are alot of great free amp/pedal/cab sims out there which are quite often better.

My favorite being the Lepou Plugins. http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/ Which Include:
Mesa Boogie Rectifier: "LeCto"
Engl: "Le456"
Bogner XTC: "LeXTAC"
Marshall: "HyBrit"
Soldano
: "SoloC"
Original Design High gain: "LeGion"
IR Cabinet Loader: LeCab

Each Amplifier model needs an Impulse Response (cabinet simulator) you could use LeCab. Without the IR your tone will be harsh, thin and fizzy

Hope This Can help anyone!

Last edited by ElectricJoy; 10-28-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Didn't Finish Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Reviews: 17

Re: Free VST Amp Modelilng: Lepou Plugins

Cheers man, I just tried two of them, the Mesa and the Engl and they sound nothing like them :s Maybe you can help me with that? I get a really crappy tone
Old 10-27-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedabob View Post
Cheers man, I just tried two of them, the Mesa and the Engl and they sound nothing like them :s Maybe you can help me with that? I get a really crappy tone
Make sure you have the cabinet impulse responses loaded. Without the cab you'll get a horrible fizzy tone.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Reviews: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Make sure you have the cabinet impulse responses loaded. Without the cab you'll get a horrible fizzy tone.
With both I got a horrible fizzy sound, didn't make a difference.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedabob View Post
With both I got a horrible fizzy sound, didn't make a difference.
Read what I said. The cabinet modelling is the other half of the equation. If you only emulate the amp, you'll just get the sound you would get if you plugged directly from the amps speaker outputs into your recording software - IE, the sound before it hits the speakers.

You could, for example, try scrolling down: http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html

Or theres Voxengo Boogex, which also emulates speaker cabinets.

You would get the same exact results through any modeller like a Pod X3 or GT-10, if you turned off the speaker emulation.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Yep thats exactly it, Sorry i should of added about IR's in the initial post.
Many consider Lepou plugins to be some of the best for amp sims, I cant actually make a direct comparison between sim and hardware model but if you search around on http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/ many people think its pretty much exact.
There are lots of other great free sims on there. If you search around on there a bit you could find some really good ones
Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 PM

For anyone interested, I recorded a little something with the engl model. Surprisingly the tone needed very little tweaking from stock to sound good. I recorded this in all of about half an hour, including fiddling with the controls.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kbt7lo3fkuns60v
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
(a)

Where do you put le cab? Is it under instruments for pro tools?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Reviews: 12

LePou does some alright sounding stuff. Although I do prefer the sound from amplitube, just an opinion though.

Red Wire also gives a nice free IR with plenty of different options here: http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM

LePou's plugins are amazing sounding and some of the very best. There are loads of other great free ones out there from AcmeBarGig, Ronald Passion, Ignite, Nick Crow and so on.

When it comes to plugins for guitar, get yourselves over to guitarampmodeling furum. It really opened up a whole new world for me and one that was free.

For me the only ampsims worth spending money on is Scuffham S-Gear and very shortly AcmeBarGig is about to release Headcase which believe me is going to be something real special and allow you even create your own amps. I've been part of the Beta group for that one for the last couple of years and although its been a long time in the making, boy its gonna be worth it. Retail release on that one is imminent and for much cheapness.

I've never got on with Amplitube, granted its not as resource hungry as it once was, it's just never sounded good to my ears. I also feel they are charging way over the odds simply because they bought up the rights to use official logos meaning your average teenage idiot will jump at it thinking they are getting the real deal.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Reviews: 4
Talking

Hey guys maybe I am new to this kinda thing but how do I use these. I have guitar rig 4. I extracted from the .rar files, but have no clue where to put the resulting files. Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Put them in your puter VST folder.
When you start a daw, they will be plugins.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM

I remember trying to figure out VST's and IR's once before. But I had a hard time figuring out what was what.

The first question I had was, is there any way to hear your tone back in real time?

As far as I could figure out, all I was able to do with my DAW was record a clean (guitar to desk) track, and then use the plugin to add the "tone" afterwards. Which kinda sucks.

Is there a website that any of you would recommend for starting out/figuring out where to start with using plugin's and IR's? (for real-time use? or are these things only for "after")

I also tried the free amplitude plugin once. That I could get in "real time", but it had an annoying few millisecond delay (unplayable). I have no idea what I'm doing with these things.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
I remember trying to figure out VST's and IR's once before. But I had a hard time figuring out what was what.

The first question I had was, is there any way to hear your tone back in real time?

As far as I could figure out, all I was able to do with my DAW was record a clean (guitar to desk) track, and then use the plugin to add the "tone" afterwards. Which kinda sucks.

Is there a website that any of you would recommend for starting out/figuring out where to start with using plugin's and IR's? (for real-time use? or are these things only for "after")

I also tried the free amplitude plugin once. That I could get in "real time", but it had an annoying few millisecond delay (unplayable). I have no idea what I'm doing with these things.
Jeez...

Yep vey hard to understand, vsts are plugins, you open them in any down, while you listen you playing THROUGH them, daw will record your guitar clean, this you don't need to keep retracking your guitar to try other tones.

You can play/listen/record in real time.
GOOGLE.
I'll help you=

GOOGLE= How to use guitar vst plugins.

IF Google is still too difficult, there are hundreds of youtube videos about guitar vsts explaining how to use them.
If youtube is too dificult, well give up cause probably drums is your thing cause you know, you don't need to think to be a drummer, you just need to beat the hell out of some drums .
Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Jeez...

Yep vey hard to understand, vsts are plugins, you open them in any down, while you listen you playing THROUGH them, daw will record your guitar clean, this you don't need to keep retracking your guitar to try other tones.

You can play/listen/record in real time.
GOOGLE.
I'll help you=

GOOGLE= How to use guitar vst plugins.

IF Google is still too difficult, there are hundreds of youtube videos about guitar vsts explaining how to use them.
If youtube is too dificult, well give up cause probably drums is your thing cause you know, you don't need to think to be a drummer, you just need to beat the hell out of some drums .
Wow, thanks man. You're awesome.

1. I've googled.
2. Done some digging through many forums and articles.
3. Downloaded, and successfully used, but have not been able to do in real time (due to latency problems, that the majority of people don't seem to have...)

4. I would like to know if anyone here, on a website that I use frequently, would recommend a place where THEY STARTED, after they did some searching.

You know, be helpful and stuff. But hey, whatever.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Line6 Gearbox gold plugins bundle SilverSurfer2 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 11-07-2007 04:43 PM
amp-plugins straymond Recording Studio 1 04-16-2006 07:34 PM
Tutorial on playing guitar through software plugins maggotcontrol Recording Studio 0 03-24-2005 06:41 PM
Free VST Plugins? Two hands31 Recording Studio 4 07-13-2004 10:51 AM
Installing plugins/software from a CD (cracked versions) SilverSurfer2 Recording Studio 2 02-17-2003 12:16 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29