Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Home Recording Suggestions? Mbox, pxr4, pocketstudio5

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  passionwarfare 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm looking into the Digidesign Mbox which includes protools. Has anyone used this setup? Is it decent quality unit? Also i'm looking to buy either the korg pxr4 or the tascam pocketstudio5. If any of you have one of these I'd love to hear your reactions/suggestions. Also if anyone knows, is it possible with either of the two portable units to record the several tracks but upload them as seperate tracks onto the pc in wav format as opposed to mixing them into one mp3 on the unit and sending that to the pc.
thanks,
Nik

#2 ·
I used to have the PXR4 - it records onto SmartMedia cards (I think...) in MP2 format (which you can convert to WAV). Each individual track is stored as a separate sound file. I think it had a USB port for connecting to a PC - but you can just use a SmartMedia card reader to read the audio files directly. It kinda sucks because it stores everything in compressed MP2 format at 32kHz... so sound quality isn't the best, but the unit is really nice and compact.

I don't know anything about the PocketStudio or the MBox... but I do like my Digi001 (even though ProTools LE 5 has the weirdest user interface... maybe the new version's better).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.