Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp Demonstration

785 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Formerly Given To Fly 
#1 · (Edited)
Over the past four years, I have been using the Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp as my primary method for "direct recording" electric guitar. After Mesa discontinued the Triaxis, more interest was shown in the RRP. After 4 years of using a piece of gear, a person tends to learn a thing or two about how it works, and, how it does not work. So, I felt I should contribute to society and create the "Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp Demonstration":

Of the 5 tracks, no title, was the only one recorded specifically for this demonstration. This track is as "direct" as you can possibly get. The following four tracks gradually become more elaborate. Everything was recorded within the last year. You may notice there are more distorted tones than clean tones present. The Rectifier Recording Preamp has no problem creating beautiful clean tones. Distorted tones are much more difficult to dial in. Signal chains are listed in the comments on SoundCloud. (I think you have to click the individual tracks within the playlist to find them though.) I'm not a SoundCloud expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.