Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Sound card advice.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  glynn 
#1 ·
We're setting up a basic recording setup in our garage consisting of a standalone mixer into a PA system, and a recording pc.

Basically, most if not all of the mixing is done on the standalone mixer, so i would think a single channel device is good enough. As such fidelity is more important than multi-channel capabilities. We're still not sure of which software we're gonna use.

So, with this in mind, what are your recommendations? I was thinking of something in the $300 range.

#2 ·
I am not sure what people thinks around here.

But I look on here for my home studio setup needs.

http://homerecording.com/bbs/

Seems like for sound cards, if you want to record less than 4 channels at a time a Delta 44 or 66 is the ticket. And if you want to do 8 or more at the same time, a Dman 1010 is good plus it's possibly expandable in the future.

I know that Pro Tools is what alot of studios are suing, and they sell for about 1g or more on Ebay. But it's supposed to be a huge learning curve. The Cubase VST is really good for the MAC's and Cakewalk seems to be the most commercialy accepted for the PC crowed.(N-track is free I believe)

#3 ·
Yup, M-audio all the way.

I have a delta 1010, and it is a very good card. I installed a delta 1010LT in a new box for a friend, and it was also quality. Good driver support, sounds great, and a at a good price to boot!

I would recommend the LT, just so you can multi track later (this will improve the quality of your recordings as well), and so you dont have to upgrade down the road.

G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.