Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Sound Forge - basic recording dialemma

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Polaris20 
#1 ·
I thought that recording software, even Sound Forge (as recommended) would be easy to use.
Laying down my first track is no prob at all.
But my second track.....do I have to record it all by itself, guessing on all the timing and tempo from my previous track? Can I not just build a song and listen to it as it builds while I record it?
How do I play along with track one, so I can record track 2 and have them fit together like a glove?
The help file was no help in this department. I dont see why this is a such a difficult task to come across.
Any help is greatly appreciated, this stuff has me boggled. I ditched Cakewalk Guitar Studio for the same reason.

#7 ·
I have the demo for CEP2, and I am really liking it. The only thing that bums me out is that it doesn't allow for DXi or VSTi instruments.

But I have Acid 4 for that, so I can just float that in.

Good pricing on the CEP too. I might wait to see if Adobe starts giving academic discounts, like they do on their own software (Adobe now owns Syntrillium, who makes CEP2).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.