<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Recording Studio

Recording Studio To discuss recording gear, home studios, home studio PCs, studio techniques and the likes.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM

TC-Electronics Helicon vocal processors?

Do any of you here have experience with TC-Electronics Helicon voice processors? Which ones are the best at making your voice sound the best? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Re: TC-Electronics Helicon vocal processors?

bumpity bump bump....still want to know about this from anyone who knows..
Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM

Well first like with any recording weather it be guitar, drums etc.. A good sound starts with the singer LOL..... but tossing that out your mic choice, tracking, mixing etc is really the best thing for good vocal tracks. kills the need for such a tool. The helicon is really just a dubbler harmoniser thingy, not a mondo voice tool to take you from garage singer to big time pipes in your recordings.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
Well first like with any recording weather it be guitar, drums etc.. A good sound starts with the singer LOL..... but tossing that out your mic choice, tracking, mixing etc is really the best thing for good vocal tracks. kills the need for such a tool. The helicon is really just a dubbler harmoniser thingy, not a mondo voice tool to take you from garage singer to big time pipes in your recordings.
Dude, your imagination seems to be running wild. I just asked which of the Helicon products make your voice sound the best. I don't think Geoff Tate records himself with a pink Toys 'R Us Karaoke toy. I'm asking about professional quality vocal recordings, not about an Alice in Wonderland pill that turns you into Pavoratti.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM

FYI my sarcasm was in humor. Don't want there to be any misunderstanding.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 AM

I've got the rack mount Voiceworks in my studio. I don't use it alot, but it sounds great. There are some great presets and the harmonies sound better than any other that I've heard. I can't compare it to the other TC Helicon units because I've never heard them, but from what I understand the floor based unit is pretty much the same processor just in a floor based model. I would've bought this unit if it had been available when I bought mine.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemjem View Post
I've got the rack mount Voiceworks in my studio. I don't use it alot, but it sounds great. There are some great presets and the harmonies sound better than any other that I've heard. I can't compare it to the other TC Helicon units because I've never heard them, but from what I understand the floor based unit is pretty much the same processor just in a floor based model. I would've bought this unit if it had been available when I bought mine.

Hope that helps.
The Voiceworks is made by TC Electronics. I think just the vocal processor line is called "Helicon". Right?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred View Post
FYI my sarcasm was in humor. Don't want there to be any misunderstanding.
No problems here, Advice is ether taken or leaven

I record alot so its something im well verst at, Jemsite really isnt a strong place to ask. One of the best places for this type of quesiton is
http://www.recordingproject.com/

Plus you can post your recordings and get feedback on your mixes.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM

TC Helicon Voice Live Experience

I use a 'Voice Live' for my acoustic shows. The thing is scary good. I can run my acoustic through it (along with my mic cable) to keep things organized on stage. The effects sound amazing (delay, reverb, chorus, pitch correct, etc). It has a ton of wicked effects/ presets.

Check out their website for a killer demo. I may have a second unit "like new" I could part with. PM me for details. (Or look in the "for sale" section this weekend)

JV
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
No problems here, Advice is ether taken or leaven

I record alot so its something im well verst at, Jemsite really isnt a strong place to ask. One of the best places for this type of quesiton is
http://www.recordingproject.com/

Plus you can post your recordings and get feedback on your mixes.
Cool man! Thanks a lot. I hope I can correspond with you for advice in the future if you don't mind. I can mix and record instrumental music fairly well, but mixing in vocals right is truly challenging. I know that there are tips and tricks like someone told me to pan the vocals slightly to the left or something and stuff like that. These are the kind of things i want to learn. Thanks!

Show/Hide Posting Rules