Ibanez JEM Forum banner

bare knuckle pickups?

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Algiman 
#1 ·
i fancy changing the pickups in my les paul for some of the Warpigs by bare knuckle pickups.
i was just wondering if any body have tried them coz ive heard good stuff about them but they were very vauge descriptions.
So do they just look cool, or do they sound cool aswell?

#4 ·
remember they dont come cheap... i was considering swineshead at that time. ended up mounting Bill Lawrence (L500L + L290)

I will anyway order new pickups. still looking for high output and nice screaming harmonics for both rythm and lead.

if you have suggestions...

#6 ·
Miracle Man !!!

Bare Knuckle's website isn't very good, and their pickups descriptions are laking, but they are very good pickups. I have a Miracle Man Bridge and is a very nice pickup, but I get it in an used guitar I bought. In the case that the pickup is stolen (like the harmony central question) I'll NOT buy another one. Why, because they are too expensive for me, they are boutique hand made pickups, and I'm not that snob about pickups, DiMarzio's are good enough for me.

They are awesome pickups, just too expensive for me. But if I where living in Europe ...

#13 ·
I have a set of nailbombs in my les paul - absolutely awesome pick ups. I doubt I'll be buying dimarzios again in a hurry.

Best thing for you to do is email Tim at BKP, tell him what amp and guitar you are using, and what sort of sound you want, and he'll point you in the right direction.

#14 ·
given the price I think they should improve their website.
a decent sample of their pickups would be easy to create.

a guitar, an amp. a sample for clean and distortion...
ideally the same sample for each p.up using the same combo amp / guitar for ease of comparison.

swineshead has a pretty good marketing approach compare to BN I think... (now I have never tried BN, just heard a lot of good of their p.ups)

last time i ordered on the recommendation of the salesperson: it was Becky. the wife of Bill Lawrence. she advised me to buy a L609 (which I did) lucky enough I purchase a L500L as well.

I doubt I'll fit the L609 into a guitar for the years to come: it's an improve PAF with a slightly higher output... nothing like the L500L hich is very good (and that was not recommended at all by Becky)

I think there was some misunderstanding.

if you cant try and that you are disappointed: what are you going to do with the p.up? send it back? (couldnt do it...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.