<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Pickups & wiring

Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM

capacitor question

hey
I'm new to the forum! I planning on doing some mods on my Ibanez RGT42DX BP ( ie change the pick ups, change the pots, and the 5 way selector switch), so I have a question or 2

1) would dimarzio 500k pots fit my RGT?

2) would the dimarzio 5 way multi pole pick up selector fit into my RGT? (ie enough room in the cavitiy where the electronics are housed?)

3) I planning on putting a high pass filter on my volume pot, i was on the ibanez parts website and saw that vai/satriani use a 330pf ceramic capacitor ( ibanez part # 3CP1J331 ) on the volume pots. I was wondering what the voltage was on this capacitor? anyone know
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Re: capacitor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb View Post
hey
I'm new to the forum! I planning on doing some mods on my Ibanez RGT42DX BP ( ie change the pick ups, change the pots, and the 5 way selector switch), so I have a question or 2

1) would dimarzio 500k pots fit my RGT?

2) would the dimarzio 5 way multi pole pick up selector fit into my RGT? (ie enough room in the cavitiy where the electronics are housed?)

3) I planning on putting a high pass filter on my volume pot, i was on the ibanez parts website and saw that vai/satriani use a 330pf ceramic capacitor ( ibanez part # 3CP1J331 ) on the volume pots. I was wondering what the voltage was on this capacitor? anyone know
#1 Yes they should fit..... double check the shaft length and hole diamiter!

#2 Why not stick with one you know fits..... get a Ibanez vlx-91, otherwise you'll need to measure and make sure the DiMarzio switch will fit. You know, screw spacing, slot length/width! Better yet...... call or e-mail DiMarzio! Jeez..... you rocket scientists sometimes.....

#3 Cap voltage is not an issue as your guitar is operating on millivolts.... just remember that caps come in varying sizes based on voltage, type of material and construction. A 12v, 50v, or 500v will do ya!

BTW a millivolt is equal to one thousandth of a volt.

Anyway, check the Stewart-MacDonald web site.... you can't go wrong! http://www.stewmac.com/
Old 01-16-2008, 09:59 AM
(a)
Vendor

Reviews: 3

Re: capacitor question

try guitarelectronics.com

Tags
high pass filter, ibanez rgt, volume pots

Show/Hide Posting Rules