<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Pickups & wiring

Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

Old 01-05-2003, 01:32 PM

PLEASE, do you guys agree with this text about DiMarzio ?

Hey guitarheads!
I have to say that I donīt share your positive views on the Breed pickups. I had it in the bridgeslot on my Parker and it was really weak and boring-sounding. Granted, the Parker isnīt the "heaviest" guitar around so you might MAYBE want to try them in an Ibanez or something but I doubt youīll be very happy with them.

For a really heavy bridge rhythm crunchtone Iīd either go for the Tone Zone or Air Zone, but these donīt have it when it comes to soloplaying. The Evolution is good both in the neck and bridge but THE ULTIMATE shred pickups are a Super 2 in the neck and a Super 3 in the bridge.
The neck Super 2 can ofcourse also be split with a coil-splitter for that hollow strat-tone but either way its UNBEATABLE!!! Picking, sweeping, legato, tapping.....it kicks ass! Iīve never played a better neck pickup.

The Super 3 in the bridge is the best balanced p.u. Iīve found so far as in it gives you a really killer leadsound and a very good rhythm-tone.

Good luck!
The search for THE TONE never ends!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:21 PM
deleted username

Re: PLEASE, do you guys agree with this text about DiMarzio

First off, you're asking this on a "wood body" Forum. Kinda like comparing apples and anvils. :-) Your experiences with DiMarzio's in a Parker are going to be WAY different than what someone has in a 'normal' guitar. (for the record, Ken Parker is a genius in my eyes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Hey guitarheads!
I have to say that I donīt share your positive views on the Breed pickups. I had it in the bridgeslot on my Parker and it was really weak and boring-sounding. Granted, the Parker isnīt the "heaviest" guitar around so you might MAYBE want to try them in an Ibanez or something but I doubt youīll be very happy with them.
Quote:
For a really heavy bridge rhythm crunchtone Iīd either go for the Tone Zone or Air Zone, but these donīt have it when it comes to soloplaying.
I beg to differ. I *love* soloing with both of those pickups (RG-ART, RG-ARCH). One of the fastest guitarists on the planet, German Schauss, is an RG-ART owner. He does quite a bit of soloing. :-P

Quote:
The Evolution is good both in the neck and bridge but THE ULTIMATE shred pickups are a Super 2 in the neck and a Super 3 in the bridge.
Quote:
The Super 3 in the bridge is the best balanced p.u. Iīve found so far as in it gives you a really killer leadsound and a very good rhythm-tone.
I have a Super3 and a FRED in my RG-GEAR. I think the FRED + Mahogany combination is tough to beat. It's definitely a roadhouse to jam at on the Road To Tone. The Super3 matches up nicely with the FRED too.

I have a full set of Evolutions in my RG-USA-1. Very HOT pickups. These need to be used with caution. :-)

In the end (like I always say), it comes down to your ears making the decision for you. If you *LOVE* the sound of some $4 pickup in your Parker, RUN with it! Play your heart out!

Good luck on your quest!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:27 PM
(a)
Vendor

I have to agree on the Fred in mahogony! And don't rule out the Evo in mahogony either
Old 01-05-2003, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the replies, but thatīs what someone suggested me !
And the guy is good, thatīs all I say. Wonderful taps and arpeggios !

Will read it later, gotta eat now
Old 01-05-2003, 04:29 PM

I like the Super Distortion in my Squire Strat for rhythm stuff. The pickups probably worth more than the guitar by this point, but it's a nice sound. Then again, I'm pretty happy with the stock pickups in my Schecter too. It's all about personal preference.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I have to agree on the Fred in mahogony! And don't rule out the Evo in mahogony either
What do you suggest me for an Ibanez S1220 Prestige ?
Old 01-06-2003, 04:36 AM

IMO, the neck position is bass inclined, do good by having a mids/ treble surplus humbucker in there for clear single note definition. i also believe this to be the reason why bass-rich bridge humbuckers failed miserably in the neck position. that's the reason why i second the Super2 suggestion as the immaculate neck humbucker to acquire. this is my current fav neck dimarzio. the Duncan Full Shred is the other neck humbucker i look up to. i have these humbuckers in both my S540 (mahagony) &amp; they sound unbeatable.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:36 AM

The Tone Zone is the bee's knees for soloing.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:10 PM

All I wanna say is that i absolutely am in love with my rg570 with a tone zone in the bridge and a PAF PRO in the neck and a fender texas special single coil in the middle position(i think i the only one with a fender single coil in a ibanez rg570?) and i love this configuration it is so versatile.

Tags
bridge hum, bridge humbucker, neck humbucker, neck pickup, neck position, paf pro, squire strat, super distortion, tone zone

Show/Hide Posting Rules