IS it possible?? (wiring Q??) - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Is this possible?? (wiring DPDT Q??)

What I'd like to do is, using a push-pull, have volume control in both push and pull and have a low pass filter in the pull position.

I drew this up, but I'm only guessing if it will work as intended (if at all.....)

Last edited by RGTFanatic; 04-24-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: IS it possible?? (wiring Q??)

Interesting idea - but are you going to have a tone pot in the guitar? I thought tone pots were basically LPFs.?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Nope...no tone pot. With this, I hope that it will be like turning the tone to "0" when I pull up on the knob....... I'm gonna have to try a bunch of different value caps to find the "sweet spot", but once I do I'll be able to switch back and forth immediately!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Hell--use the other half of the DPDT, too! Throw a pair of diodes on there for you own DIY "Black Box."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM

I've done that with capacitors and a pair of diodes. I used mini switches, though.

Another cool idea I've been wanting to try is use 2 concentric pots wired up to their own pickups and use a mini switch to switch between them. I like the idea of having a full power bridge pickup, then switching to a neck pickup with rolled back tone and volume for clean stuff.

Last edited by xXLinkageXx; 04-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Hell--use the other half of the DPDT, too! Throw a pair of diodes on there for you own DIY "Black Box."
Whats a "black box"??

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

OK, now I'm intrigued. Are there any interesting other passive effects that I can use on either my push-pull DPDT or the second side of my DPDT mini-toggle??

The Black Ice is cool, but I don't want to commit before knowing what other possibilities are out there........What would really be cool would be a passive feedback circuit, similar to a sustainer.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
OK, now I'm intrigued. Are there any interesting other passive effects that I can use on either my push-pull DPDT or the second side of my DPDT mini-toggle??

The Black Ice is cool, but I don't want to commit before knowing what other possibilities are out there........What would really be cool would be a passive feedback circuit, similar to a sustainer.
You could build a simple buffer, booster, or another simple circuit in there and have the switch activate it.

Just a pair of clipping diodes would be cool.
If you go that direction--call or PM me first.

Tags
push/pull dpdt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode