Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who Uses Tone Zone For Metal?

Tags
metal tone
7K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CalledToArms 
#1 ·
Would the tone zone be good for power metal like Nightwish, Rhopsody, Arch Enemy type stuff? For a basswood RG bridge position., through a DSL100.

Or would a EVO2 be better suited?

#2 ·
Would the tone zone be good for power metal like Nightwish, Rhopsody, Arch Enemy type stuff? For a basswood RG bridge position., through a DSL100.

Or would a EVO2 be better suited?
Well for arch enemy I would think not. Because they use a pretty scooped sound and the TZ is super in the mids. Also, Michael Amott uses a JB and that is very different than a TZ.

#8 ·
not to derail, but so many threads have been made I dont want to make my own at the moment unless you feel I am being rude adding on to this one (which I would understand! so let me know man):

I have several guitars with EMGs in them but I have an RG(basswood) and an extra S (mahog) that I want to try some other pickups with.

obviously with the EMGs you might get an idea for the high gain sound im going for. I am either running through a mesa dual or triple rec depending on my mood and its into a 4x12 of V30s if any of that helps you.

pickups of any kind are welcome to be suggested :) (one bridge and one neck)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.