Canadian Dollar at $0.70 US - Page 2 - Jemsite
Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Re: Canadian Dollar at $0.70 US

Going from Canada to the US, the duties are extremely negligible. I've sold to the US tons of times, and the guys barely had to pay any tax if anything at all. It was all fully declared/insured and some guitars have been like $8000 and the guys said they didn't get a tax bill which is odd.

Like DorianGrey said, we get mauled on taxes here. It's really really brutal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 02:07 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
That's a good question - I'm not sure how it works when shipping from Canada to US but shipping from US to Canada is not cheap. For example, it I were to buy a $1,000 RG from Rich I would pay about $350 in shipping, taxes, duty, etc. (this is based on the estimate that I found on the shipping cost calculator on borderlinx). Factor in the fact that it costs about $1,350 CDN to buy $1,000 USD - that $1,000 RG I am looking at on Rich's site will wind up costing me close to $1,700 CDN by the time it gets to my house. =(
Yikes!!!! That's rough!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:46 AM

Yea we get hammered with duty and taxes (~18% I think)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode