<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Reviews: 21

Re: NHL '13 BS Thread

As much as I'm not a Devils fan you got to take your hat off to them. Year after year after year - always up there in the standings. The typical mantra of any business, team, or organization is to model yourself after success but, man, who can duplicate what the Devils have done? My buddy was sore the Devils lost last year but you look at when the camera pans across their rafters during their opening game; all those Stanley Cup banners. Fans of other teams can only look on in pure envy.

Last edited by mike570; 01-25-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
(a)

The Red Wings are another team that's always there, I think they've made the playoffs every year since '90 or '89 or something. Year in, year out, the Wings are there at the end of the season with a shot for the Cup.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
(a)

Reviews: 10

I'm not sure about the Wings this year...I think that playoff streak might bet broken this year cuz they do not look good out of the gate...

I agree that the Oilers need step itup and make the playoffs this year...with all that young talent, if they can get good goaltending I could se them winning a cup within the next few years...
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM

Habs are playing great this year, well anything is better than last year. Hope they can get PK signed over the weekend.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM

I think Luongo is going to be in Van all season, and will be dealt if the Canucks don't do well or another team is making a run into playoffs. Lou going to Toronto would go against everything the Leafs are trying to change. They are still a few years away from the big dance, and taking on Lou's big contract is only going to hold them back. If they pick up Lou and trade away their young "talent", then what was the point of firing Burke?

In respect to other teams not doing so well out of the gate... with no exhibition games and a short camp you are gonna see some duds and stinkers for at least the first 10 games while teams work out their lines. Montreal made a massive improvement from Game 1 - Game 2, and are now looking great. Some other teams might need some more time.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM
(a)

nice to see all the regulars from past nhl threads - Jim ,cid, mike, charv, paul

Paul, I hope the Habs do better this year too - they were my Dad's fave team so I've always had a soft spot for the habs...but it's looking like they might not gett PK signed with talk of him signing elsewhere...the habs should sign him......

I dont think Lou will be here much longer - I think a deal is imminent...they need to move him so that the ongoing soapy drama about a 'goaltending controversy' here can end...sick of hearing about it...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM
(a)

I don't know if you can really take 10 games to get your legs back though with such a short season. If the Devs tear the Caps a new one tonight you can bet their fans will be panicking in the morning, not thinking "it's only 4 games".
And it's nice to see Markhov didn't have to play this season in November, as that is usually when his season comes to an abrupt halt With some luck he'll still be skating on March 1st. I'd like to see them back in the playoffs.

Does everybody have Center Ice free this week on cable? There's a couple of decent games on tonight.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Does everybody have Center Ice free this week on cable? There's a couple of decent games on tonight.
How did you get that for free? The NHL should pay the cable companies to make it free for a week to make it up to all the fans who don't live anywhere near an arena and/or can't make it out to games. Do you get CBC Hockey Night in Canada where you live?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 PM

During the season one or two will show up for free. I don't know if that's on purpose or not.
I saw a great Rangers vs Bruins game late in the season last year on Center Ice and it was free. I watched the Sens play the Jets on Saturday and that was free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
How did you get that for free? The NHL should pay the cable companies to make it free for a week to make it up to all the fans who don't live anywhere near an arena and/or can't make it out to games.
Yeah they should!

Quote:
Do you get CBC Hockey Night in Canada where you live?
I wish!

HAHA! I just noticed the "Bettman Sucks" tag on this thread.
Well played, Jim!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 PM
(a)

I've got the full Center Ice schedule for free at the moment, and they are selling the season for 50 bucks, which is a bargain. Last year the full season was about $175. And you're absolutely right, they should give it away for free for the rest of the year. If I was back in my house I would buy it in a minute, but I'm still waiting for the work on that to finish. We had a fire in August and we haven't gotten the place totally fixed yet.

We get Hockey Night in Canada on the NHL network on Saturdays during the season, yeah. NHL network is pretty decent, all things considered.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM

I know it's nowhere near Hockey Night in Canada but I'm liking Doc Emrick's commentary on NBC Sports. It sounds like his head's going to explode when he does play-by-play.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM
(a)

He is the absolute best there is, I don't care what anyone says. NOBODY is better at play by play than Mike 'Doc' Emrick. We were lucky enough to have him as the Devil's announcer for the last 10 years or so, but we lost him when the bigger audience called. We even had a Doc Emrick Day at the Rock to thank him He makes every pass seem so exciting, you can really hear the absolute love for the game he has in every single call. Really, really nice guy too; I've met him and Chico Resch a few times at Devils games and they are super fan friendly. Love the Doc

For those that don't know him, I give you the one and only Doc Emrick:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/rock-cent...28864#50428864

Last edited by jim777; 01-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
(a)

Quote:
nice to see all the regulars from past nhl threads - Jim ,cid, mike, charv, paul

Paul, I hope the Habs do better this year too - they were my Dad's fave team so I've always had a soft spot for the habs...but it's looking like they might not gett PK signed with talk of him signing elsewhere...the habs should sign him......

I dont think Lou will be here much longer - I think a deal is imminent...they need to move him so that the ongoing soapy drama about a 'goaltending controversy' here can end...sick of hearing about it...
I just read something about Chicago showing interest in Bobbi Lou. I vomited until my eyes bled
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Marleau 8 goals in 4 games, 2 each. Sharks 4-0
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM

Three minutes in and the Flyers score on a 5 on 3 power play vs the Cats. Doesn't look good.
Closed Thread

Tags
bettman sucks, hockey, nhl

Show/Hide Posting Rules