<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 AM
(a)

Reviews: 10

Re: NHL '13 BS Thread

Yup the Oilers are a team to watch for sure - we play them on Monday...should be a good game...hopefully better than the Hawks vs Canucks game tonight - all the buildup and the game was a bit of a sleeper... I hate it when hockey games end 1-1...that's a freakin soccer score not hockey...
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Holy crap my Habs are for real! 6-1 yesterday! What a difference a year makes after that travesty last season. The big debate here in Canada was which franchise (Leafs or Canadiens) would turn things around quicker? I think the Habs play lately has answered that question.

The Bourque trade that was lauded last season, now looks ingenious. He is really turning into the player everyone thought he would be.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
(a)

Yup, good to see the Habs playing better! although I heard some of Subban's team mates weren't overly enthused about him coming back to the team... Sens are on fire too. I'd like to see all the Canadian team make the playoffs...
Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Yup, good to see the Habs playing better! although I heard some of Subban's team mates weren't overly enthused about him coming back to the team... Sens are on fire too. I'd like to see all the Canadian team make the playoffs...
I think here in Canada, especially Montreal/Toronto media, people tend to blow anything to do with Habs/Leafs out of proportion. P.K. was a little selfish last season and I think it may have rubbed some people the wrong way, but I think what's going on now is a bit of tough love. People say this is the last contract he will ever sign with the Canadiens, and to those I say do your homework. The guy eats/sleeps/breathes Canadiens, he could have EASILY walked away from contract talks with the Habs and signed else where *ahem TORONTO ahem* for BIG $$$. But no, the Habs are in his blood. He will play out this contract and will sign a long term big deal and become a Hab for life.

Now people are all bent out of shape because Therrian banned the "triple low-five" celebration...... one analyst actually said, "they are killing his spirit, this will eventually show up in his play." SERIOUSLY????? It's a dumb celebration at the end of the game, has no impact on the game whatsoever. Now I do agree that the banning of it was a little bit much, but who cares? PK doesn't seem to care, he is playing great and being himself out there.

Sorry for the Habs rant!

Sens are playing great, incredible turn around from a few years ago when they really surprised everyone and finished near the top in the East. Boston is rolling as well, they have been pretty consistent the past few years. Buffalo is just too inconsistent, and the Leafs.... Well the Leafs are the Leafs.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1983 View Post
Now people are all bent out of shape because Therrian banned the "triple low-five" celebration...... one analyst actually said, "they are killing his spirit, this will eventually show up in his play." SERIOUSLY????? It's a dumb celebration at the end of the game, has no impact on the game whatsoever. Now I do agree that the banning of it was a little bit much, but who cares?

I thought that was dumb too - not sure what the issue was with it and why they felt the need to ban it.

Hawks are still unbeaten in regulation...Cancuks beat them in a shootout but the hawks looked like the better team in that game... interesting the caps are in last place in the east. Oates is a good guy - i dont know how many coaches they have to go through before they realize that their team isnt very good - and Ovechkin is not captain material
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Reviews: 21

As a Rangers fan I will be the first to say the Rangers completely robbed the Senators last year in the playoffs.
Speaking of which... Rangers / Devils tonight!
Cats play the Jets again tonight but the real test is the Flyers on Thursday. Trying to believe. Trying....
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
As a Rangers fan I will be the first to say the Rangers completely robbed the Senators last year in the playoffs.
Speaking of which... Rangers / Devils tonight!
Cats play the Jets again tonight but the real test is the Flyers on Thursday. Trying to believe. Trying....
I hope the Cats take down the Flyers! I think the Cats are on a 2 game winning streak, and are also above the Flyers in the standings, although I think they both have 6 points. I took Weiss in my hockey pool - he needs to step it up
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 AM

Not sure if any of you guys do this, but have you ever listened to TSN radio? I do it all the time.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1983 View Post
Not sure if any of you guys do this, but have you ever listened to TSN radio? I do it all the time.
Never listened but I think I'll give it a try now that you mention it ;o) As long as they don't talk about Luongo getting traded cuz that's all they talk about on the sports radio show here in Van and I'm sick of that story...

Nice to see all the Canadian teams win last night (sorry Mike but at least your Cats got a point out of that game vs Jets)

Habs vs Bruins tonight on TSN - should be a good game - go Habs!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM

TSN 1050 is good, it's the Toronto station but they still seem to cover all parts of the NHL. I only listen to the Montreal station on game day.

www.tsn.ca the link is on the right hand side.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM
(a)

I need to find a feed for Habs/Bruins, I know I can find one if I just look around on the Devils boards. I haven't seen the Panthers play this year, but the Flyers have a fine offense, a great goalie, and poor defense. They should make the playoffs but not get past the 2nd round with their current lineup. Bryz is playing very well though, and he's good to begin with. When he's hot he's very tough to get the puck by.

EDIT: www.firstrow1.eu appears to have free hockey feeds for those not getting Center Ice or local coverage or whatever
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I need to find a feed for Habs/Bruins
The game is on TSN so they might stream it on their website.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Reviews: 21

The Panthers were lucky to get one point. I really hope it isn't another 12 years to the next playoff appearance.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
(a)

busy night tonight boys - 24 teams in action - including Canucks vs Wild. Not sure I'd be too happy if I was a Minnesota Wild fan - spent 200 million to bring in 2 guys and they're in 10th place playing .500 hockey. Parise and Suter are good players but worth 100 million each?!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
busy night tonight boys - 24 teams in action - including Canucks vs Wild. Not sure I'd be too happy if I was a Minnesota Wild fan - spent 200 million to bring in 2 guys and they're in 10th place playing .500 hockey. Parise and Suter are good players but worth 100 million each?!
Yeah, it's breakin' my freakin' heart over here

That link i posted previously should allow nearly anyone to see any ofhtese games through their PC, btw. Not HD, but better than nothing.

Last edited by jim777; 02-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bettman sucks, hockey, nhl

Show/Hide Posting Rules