<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 AM
(a)

Reviews: 10

Re: NHL '13 BS Thread

Sad news tonight about Manny Malhotra...not sure if this story is registering anywhere outside of Vancouver but its definitely struck an emotional chord here because he truly is a class act and a very popular player here...one of my fave canucks of all time....right up there with trevor linden...Manny may not have racked up the numbers but he brought a lot to the Canucks....one of the genuinely nice guys in the league...a popular guy on the team and really great in the community so hopefully he will land on his feet in the hockey world in another way...I feel sad for him
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
(a)

nhl.html" target="_blank">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/canucks...">nhl</a>.html

You never know man. The year after Ian Laperrierre had to retire due to injuries from stopping a slapshot tot he face my son and I watched him run the Flyers pre-season practices like a man possessed. He was kicking ass, taking names, the whole 9 yards. And Ian got rocked man, absolutely blasted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ankjpg__Q

The end of your playing career doesn't have to be the end of your hockey career.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:26 PM
(a)

wow that looked very nasty...funny thing about Malhotra's injury is that it didn't look all that bad when it happened - but then it doesn't take much to mess up something as delicate as your eyeball. I heard in an interview with Mike Gillis last night between periods in the Canucks game and he said that they were planning to keep Manny on with Canucks in some capacity so that is cool.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM

My sharks are sinking. WTF!? They can't score a goal. It's been piss poor lately
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM

Also, I don't know if any of you guys participate, but there is this fun "Hat Trick" challenge on nhl.com where you try to correctly predict 3 things that are going to happen during a single day, usually two teams winning and a single player getting an assist or a point or something like that...anywho, it's fun, although I'm stuck at 2 correct so far and have had numerous 2/3 days.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 AM
(a)

Yeah the Sharks were on fire on now they're on a bit of a free fall...crazy in the west with 2 points separating 6th place and 11th place
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM

Reviews: 21

That's terrible about Manny. He's one of the good ones.
Hawks beat the Kings yesterday. At 12-*0*-3 they look to be an absolute steamroller. Elcid - you must be loving this!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
(a)

I'll try 3 predictions. The Devs beat the Sens and Elias gets an assist, the Isles beat the Flyers by at least 2, And Toronto beats Florida
Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 PM

Those first two are questionable, Jim.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Those first two are questionable, Jim.
I wasn't even close! lol 7-0 the Flyers threw at the Isles, definitely not the same team that slapped the Devs silly the other night.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Number three turned out to be reliable. 3-0 Leafs!
It's funny. I follow the Panthers on Facebook and a lot of fans are understandably fed up and another group (a minority I think) ramble on about how we should still support the team and no one goes to the games and the team would play better if their "fans" weren't such haters, yadda, yadda, yadda. I still remember what you wrote last year, Jim, about teams not deserving fans. Those words kind of echo in my head. While it does seem like "hating" for "fans" to burn on their team in such a manner I can't imagine Rangers fans, Flyers fans, Hawks fans, Canucks fans, Habs fans, Red Wings fans, or any fans putting up with this kind of crap. And Devils fans? Forget it! I could see the mob assembled, Frankenstein-style, with pitch forks and torches if such a thing occurred in Jersey!
I will also be really shocked if Dale Tallon keeps his job into next year.
Sorry I'm ranting but MAN the Cats blow this year!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
(a)

I can understand the frustration there Mike - 4 playoff appearances in 19 years for the Panthers will make for some cranky fans...but I hear you in that people still need to stick with their team through the good and the bad...

I don't know about you guys, but I am so sick of stupid shootouts - way too many shootouts in the NHL...stupid gimmicky way to decide a game...another one last night with Canucks and Hawks. great comeback by the Cancuks to tie it up...but that elbow to the head of Hossa by Hansen is likely a suspendable offence. I'm obvioulsy a Canucks fan and Hansen isn't a dirty player and has no history and the puck was in the air around head height but these guys have to held more accountable when it comes to managing their actions on the ice when it results in an injury to another player. I checked the TSN poll on if he should get suspended and it's about 50 / 50 right now...I guess we will see what happens after his hearing today...
Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Yeah, let's see if the Shannahammer comes down. I didn't see the hit yet though.
As for the Cats normally I would agree with you. If they were tanking this year and had a shot at making the playoffs next year then that's one thing. I guess no one can predict the future. I'm just wondering if we'll be waiting another 12 years for a playoff appearance. THAT IMO is insanity!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM

1 game suspension, kinda expected that.

Hey Jim,

Do you get TSN? They have a series on now called "24CH" that documents the Canadiens this season, sort of like the 24/7 HBO series.... anyways, next episode is about the Habs & Devils.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
(a)

I checked the standings today and the Habs are in 1st place in the east! Wow, somebody might want to take a picture of that ;o) I like the Habs so I'm glad they are doing well - I hope they can keep it up...I'd like to see all the Canadian teams make the playoffs but it's not looking good for Winnipeg and Calgary...Edmonton is still in the hunt only being 2 points back of 8th place Dallas...

HeyPaul, when is the 24CH show - I was just loooking around the TSN site and I didn't see anything about it?
Closed Thread

Tags
bettman sucks, hockey, nhl

Show/Hide Posting Rules