<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM

Re: NHL '13 BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I checked the standings today and the Habs are in 1st place in the east! Wow, somebody might want to take a picture of that ;o) I like the Habs so I'm glad they are doing well - I hope they can keep it up...I'd like to see all the Canadian teams make the playoffs but it's not looking good for Winnipeg and Calgary...Edmonton is still in the hunt only being 2 points back of 8th place Dallas...

HeyPaul, when is the 24CH show - I was just loooking around the TSN site and I didn't see anything about it?
It comes on on Fridays usually. Bell Mobility produce the show.
Might be on TSN2 actually
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
(a)

I don't think I get TSN, I'll have to check and see if I can find the feed online maybe.

Thinking of teams that don't deserve their fans, the whole 'tailgating' trend started in Giants Stadium in the early 80's when the Giants were so bad that season ticket holders would go to the games and just sit in the parking lot and party. They wanted the team to know they were still paying for their tickets (some of these tickets get left to other people in wills) but wouldn't support such a bad product by seeing seen on TV filling the house.
Would love to see the Hawks play the Bruins this year, too bad there is no inter conference play this year.

EDIT: nice game by the Panthers last night, just saw the highlights on the NHL channel, Huberdeau had a great game

Last edited by jim777; 02-22-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Reviews: 21

Yeah Huberdeau has been a bright spot this year. Muller also had a nice backhander crashing the net too I think. Fans here (the 8 of them ) have been calling for Theodore to be fired and Clemmensen had a great game so we might see a goalie controversy; maybe. I don't honestly think it's Theodore's fault completely. It seems the D falls down in front of him a lot and when you're losing 4-0 and 5-0 games it means you're not scoring either and putting pressure on the other way.
But hey we beat the Flyers twice so here's to silver linings.
Hopefully they can improve on it. Cats face the Bruins next so we'll know soon enough.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM
(a)

Reviews: 10

What do you guys think of the Taylor Hall hit? I don't like it - he should get at least 2 or 3 games...nor did I like the hit on Terasenko. I think they need to come up with something like in the NFL where you can't blindside a player who is unsuspecting... I do like seeing a good bodycheck but I think some of those guys are not good enough to get noticed with their hockey skills so they try and get noticed by taking someone else's head off when they're not looking...it's cheap and it shows a lack of respect for each other imho...
Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM

I never understood how people can be so against the notion of having less hitting in the game. You always hear people say "i love the big hits, nothing wrong with a good clean hit"... While I do agree, the reality is that the hitting has gotten out of control. Hitting is NOT the most exciting part of hockey, SCORING is! I think they should start with some serious suspensions for hits that result in injury and any hit that is absolutely unnecessary to remove a player from the puck. The bumps along the glass, all the stuff is fine, but its the guys who line people up and take them out that have to go. Everyone loves when they have a big hitter on their team but yet go bat**** crazy when their top player is out due to injury as a result of a "good clean hit".
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1983 View Post
Hitting is NOT the most exciting part of hockey, SCORING is!

...its the guys who line people up and take them out that have to go.
I agree on both counts! It's not like I want hitting taken out of the game but I agree in that the guys who line other guys up when their heads are down and then try and take their heads off - that stuff has got to go...
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 PM

I think if you dump and chase a lot you're asking for it to some degree but, yeah, the dirty hits do go too far.
I stand corrected as well. The Cats are playing the Penguins tonight. Markstrom, our third string goalie, is in and looks pretty good.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
(a)

I'm not a big fan of 'the big hit' myself, and prefer to see passing and scoring thqan hitting. The Hall hit I think he needed 2 games, so I have no problem with it.

And the Devils look like they don't care if they win or lose, not sure what the hell is going on in that locker room, but they have become painful to watch..
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
That's terrible about Manny. He's one of the good ones.
Hawks beat the Kings yesterday. At 12-*0*-3 they look to be an absolute steamroller. Elcid - you must be loving this!
Nah, I've lived in Chicago my whole life, if there's anything our sports teams showed me it's that they just bring you so they can let you down. The record is nice, but I'll wait till the finals to get excited. Their first regulation loss will probably be a shut out against Columbus, and Toews, Kane , and Hossa will probably take season ending injuries.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM

It's still fun to watch the Hawks play.
Looks like Simon Gagne is going back to Philly.

Have you guys seen the realignment proposal? I'm digging the idea of the Red Wings being in the Panthers division. The SE Division IMO has always been weak. Considering the Cats would be in with Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, and Toronto, it would be great to see all these different match-ups with (arguably) historically better teams. I've always thought you're as good as your competition makes you.
Columbus moving to the east would be great as well.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
(a)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Boston in the Central but Columbus in the Atlantic? I guess you can't separate Boston and Montreal. I don't know if it will get off the ground honestly.

Was going to copy in the new divisions but it's on the linked NHL.com page

I like Tampa and Florida to the East and Columbus and Pittsburgh to the West, seems better in this not so good idea.

Last edited by jim777; 02-26-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM

Here's a fun article on the subject.
WARNING: Contains some brisk somewhat adult language.
http://www.battleofcali.com/2013/2/2...=articlebottom
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Nah, I've lived in Chicago my whole life, if there's anything our sports teams showed me it's that they just bring you so they can let you down.
ummm, excuse me but I think you're talking about Vancouver...if I recall correctly, your team has a Stanley Cup and ours doesn't so ;op

Quote:
Here's a fun article on the subject.
WARNING: Contains some brisk somewhat adult language.
http://www.battleofcali.com/2013/2/2...=articlebottom
Good article Mike...but why is Winnipeg a loser for plenty of other reasons ;o) must be nice to be in conference 4 - looks like they can take a bus to every game in their division
Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 PM

I wouldn't take it personal, Dorian. The article says the Yotes and Florida are going to fold. Hopefully we can make at least one more run to the playoffs before that happens.
The Cats had a good win over the Pens last night, though. Hopefully we can keep it up.
And the West Coast Avengers (the LA Kings) look to be coming back. (knock on wood)
Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 PM
(a)

Quote:
I wouldn't take it personal, Dorian. The article says the Yotes and Florida are going to fold. Hopefully we can make at least one more run to the playoffs before that happens.
The Cats had a good win over the Pens last night, though. Hopefully we can keep it up.
And the West Coast Avengers (the LA Kings) look to be coming back. (knock on wood)
No worries - Winnipeg gets the butt end of lots of jokes up here too...

I can't believe that the Coyotes are still in Pheonix...No disrespect to any of my neighbor hockey fans in the US cuz I only live a few miles from the border and I love going to the US and visiting all the wonderful people down there, and there are some great hockey markets down there, but I really want to see a couple more US teams get relocated back up here...at least get one more team back to Quebec since they lost their Nordiques...southern Ontario could support another team too...maybe move Phoenix or Columbus or Nashville...
Closed Thread

Tags
bettman sucks, hockey, nhl

Show/Hide Posting Rules