<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
(a)

NHL '13 BS Thread

Continued from : http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f36/nh...113725-44.html

Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 AM
(a)

Reviews: 10

Re: NHL '13 BS Thread

Yahoo! Here we go boys - game on!!!

I watched the "game on" Sportsnet special tonight and they were already showing Stanley cup odds and they had Penguins 1st, Rangers 2nd and Canucks 3rd...I get the Pens and Canucks but the Rangers 2nd?

...btw...where will Lou be playing?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
(a)

Lou will be playing for the wolves, where he will have a great season then choke in the first round
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Reviews: 21

As long as he stays away from the Cats I'm good. Nothing personal, Lou.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
(a)

We all know Lou wants to go to Florida so you never know ;o) but I think he's bound for Toronto...Burkie likes to make big splashes and the Leafs need a better goalie...

I heard an interesting interview recently on a sports radio show here and they were interviewing a hockey analyst who mentioned that he went dog sledding up here in the interior of BC and the dog sledding outfitter had named all of their dogs after NHL hockey players...one of the dogs was named Jovo (likes to run up front and rush ahead with the other big dogs - but never seems to be able to get back in time), another was named Lou (always has snow on his chest cuz he falls down and flops around all the time), another was named Sid (chirps at all the other big dogs when he gets mad and then runs away), another was named Thornton (routinely disappears in the spring), another was named Ovie (likes to show off in front of the good looking girl dogs) ..............I could do this all day but I think you get the idea ;o)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 AM

Ha!

Yeah I think he'll end up in Toronto. It might work out best for all parties involved.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Sharks!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM

Welcome back Charv!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the greeting. Good to be back, good to see familiar Hockey Loving faces. I followed the lockout pretty closely. Glad it's over
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM

Sharks are off to a strong start, as are the Devils. Kings are tanking(i know i know, only 2 games) MMMM, HOCKEY!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 AM
(a)

Oilers baby OILERS!!! 4.7 seconds and the Rookie beats Quick for the tie . And they were flat out ROBBED less than a minute earlier. They need a good Vet to play with all those uber talented kids. I don't think they are going to get there by themselves. And I hate the Kings Quick though...... he is starting to look one one of those HOF guys, I guess we'll see 5 years from now. Here's a thought, Oilers trade for Subban? Le Habs can't sign him...
Saw the Failures beat the Rags, now there's a game where it's too bad they both couldn't lose. 2 more teams I can't stand, though I give the Failures the nod over those 'flop to the ice' rags. Jeez Louise that's a boring game. It must be hard as nails for other teams not to simply blast pucks into their heads when they do that for first 2 periods.
Saw the Isles destroy the Laffs, which is always fun. Toronto needs another team I think, the one they have sucks.
Oilers Win! Excellent
Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Oilers baby OILERS!!! 4.7 seconds and the Rookie beats Quick for the tie . And they were flat out ROBBED less than a minute earlier. They need a good Vet to play with all those uber talented kids. I don't think they are going to get there by themselves. And I hate the Kings Quick though...... he is starting to look one one of those HOF guys, I guess we'll see 5 years from now. Here's a thought, Oilers trade for Subban? Le Habs can't sign him...
Saw the Failures beat the Rags, now there's a game where it's too bad they both couldn't lose. 2 more teams I can't stand, though I give the Failures the nod over those 'flop to the ice' rags. Jeez Louise that's a boring game. It must be hard as nails for other teams not to simply blast pucks into their heads when they do that for first 2 periods.
Saw the Isles destroy the Laffs, which is always fun. Toronto needs another team I think, the one they have sucks.
Oilers Win! Excellent
I watched the end of the oilers game too and they were definitely robbed with that late call (Quick tied the guy up - dirty play on his part) so I was sooper happy to see the oilers come back and tie it up and take that game cuz I don't like the kings either (sorry Mike)...and yes the leafs do suck, and have sucked for a long time...although if they were the last canadian team standing I would have to jump on their wagon cuz I just want to see a Canadian team win the cup...bring Lord Stanley back to Canada please...any Canadian team...please! =0
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
(a)

I don't really like or dislike the Leafs, but it was nice to see the Isles play a full 60 minutes; they don't do that a lot. And they don't draft well either. That Oilers game was on while I was typing, and I had to edit that post a few times from "They were robbed" to they tied it" to "they won!" all in a few minutes Good win for them, they didn't give up and beat a very good team. They need to step it up this season and make the playoffs, they've got a ton of young talent and they can't sit around developing forever. time to step it up and be great for a few years.
I'm getting the NHL's center Ice package of all games for free this week, so I am enjoying seeing some teams and games I usually wouldn't see. I'm really looking forward to watching Devs-Caps later, might cook up some wings for that one and make it a party lol
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Man! All my teams are s**ting the bed! The Cats looked awesome coming out of the gate versus the Hurricanes but they dropped three in a row since; losing twice to a great Sens team. Sens looked awesome in the playoffs last year and look to be continuing that course.
Huberdeau looked great for the Cats too. I hope he's not flash in the pan. Versteeg being on IR hurts the top line. Hopefully we can bounce back.
The Kings? WTF? Probably a Cup hangover.
And it was great seeing Gaby get the hat trick win versus the Bruins but, yeah, the Rangers need to get their crap together and, yes absolutely, stop with the flopping on the ice.
I'm hoping the Jets pick it up too.
I think the Wild will be huge too with Parise and Suter. Give 'em time to pick up some steam.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
(a)

Some insightful hockey writing here lol

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20130124
Closed Thread

Tags
bettman sucks, hockey, nhl

Show/Hide Posting Rules