NHL '16-'17 BS Thread - Page 8 - Jemsite
Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:11 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: NHL '16-'17 BS Thread

Haha that's funny i get frosties with my youngest and a few employees at W said "isn't it too cold outside for a frosty"... Nope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 01:52 PM

Reviews: 10

Anyone see the Leafs vs Caps game last night? Most exciting game I've seen so far in the playoffs - fast, physical and very exciting! I didn't think the Leafs stood a chance but their speed and physicality is creating problems for the Caps. I picked the Caps to win the series but I don't really like the Caps so I'm loving the Leafs wins. If you haven't been watching this series then you should definitely check it out...great hockey!
post #108 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 02:31 PM

Reviews: 6

it seems that none of you support the Pens, but from the other side of the Ocean I try to watch their games late in the night or ealry this morning (this morning I watched the overtime period between the Preds and the Hawks). By the way I'm surprised that the Hawks struggle that much against the Preds.
post #109 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 PM

I'm also very surprised by the Hawks losing the first 3 games in that series. It's true that I don't think we have any real Penguins fans chiming in here so far - but I can tell you that Sidney Crosby is an iconic figure here in Canada. I'm a huge Crosby fan - I just wish he was playing on a Canadian team
post #110 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Reviews: 21

I've only been able to watch a few games lately. Our one year old has been fussy a lot. I have great memories of sitting up with our first in 2011 when she was an infant and watching that Kings / Canucks series. This one is nowhere near as chill.
I actually wanted to see the Caps / Leafs series but only caught part of one game I think.
I did see that SJ / EDM game though. Man the Sharks took it to the Oilers last night!
I think the Preds can complete the sweep tomorrow night.
post #111 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:57 PM

I can totally understand how a 1 year old can cut into your hockey viewing time

7 - 0 was not something I saw coming in the EDM - SJ series... I pvr every game so I can fast forward when I want to - and did quite a bit of fast forwarding in that game because it got out of hand...

Looking forward to watching the Leafs and Sens series tonight!
post #112 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 AM

Reviews: 6

I watched the end of ANA-CGY when I woke up this morning, the flames seemed to be really short of any solution against the ducks.
post #113 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 AM

Blackhawks - SWEPT! Good to see Nashville advance though. Sorry Chi-town.
post #114 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:05 PM

I'm very surprised by the Hawks getting swept - they won 50 games (more than any team in the west) yet they couldn't win a single game against the Preds...bizarre.

I thought Calgary would put up more of a fight but they had no answers for what the Ducks were bringing...The Flames need a goalie - I'm pretty sure they will be looking to sign a goalie this summer.

Nice OT win by the Oilers last night! I'm bummed the Habs couldn't bring it in OT against the Rangers - the Habs are in trouble now with their backs against the wall and going back to NY.

Looking forward to watching Leafs and Sens tonight!
post #115 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Looking forward to watching Leafs and Sens tonight!
Man, I hope I get to watch this game!

Also Pens advanced too. Torts at least can get his blood pressure back under control this summer.

Rangers and Habs will go seven games I'm betting.
post #116 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 AM

Well, I did better than last year when I completely got the first round wrong I think. This year I got 6/8. I was shocked by the Wild tanking and hoped beyond hope for Calgary to beat the Ducks.
My picks for the second round.

Nashville Predators vs St Louis Blues: I like Nashville despite the Blues beating the Wild pretty handily. I think it was partially a case of the Wild going cold and Parise's Babe Ruth-like curse. Nashville in 6.

Anaheim Ducks vs Edmonton Oilers: I think Edmonton beat a way better team in the Sharks than the Ducks did beating Calgary. That and I can't bring myself to pick the smegging Ducks. Oilers in 6.

New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators: The Rangers struggled a bit against a good Habs team. And Carey Price is a tough goaltender to beat. If New York can score (especially the typically post seasonally vacant Nash) and Hank doesn't show signs of evil makes dumb mistakes Hank and lets bad goals through - then they should be okay. I like the Sens as a team so I wouldn't be too brokenhearted if they won. Still I'm going to say Rangers in 7.

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals: I really, really, really want the Caps to win. I'd like to see Ovie and Oshie and Holtby raise the cup for the first time - and I'd like to see Justin Williams lift it again. They have lots of skill and their window will close probably in a season or so. The Penguins, meanwhile, look mighty impressive and I wouldn't be surprised if they mount a successful Cup defense. I hope this is the one I get wrong. Penguins in 6.
post #117 of 117 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Hey Mike, we both went 6 for 8 in the first round – not bad eh It also looks like I owe you a beer! I knew the Rangers and Habs series would be close but I thought the Habs would be able to pull it off - no such luck. Your Rangers were clearly the better team – especially for 5 out of the 6 periods in the last 2 games when the Habs looked totally disorganized in their own zone - and then they couldn’t score when they did get out of their own zone. You also called the Preds upsetting the Hawks - nicely done! I totally did not see that upset coming. Here are my predictions for the 2nd round:

Blues vs Preds – the Blues ended the season as one of the hottest teams in the NHL and I think that will continue. They are hot at just the right time and that is key in the playoffs. Plus I think the Wild are a better team than the Preds so if the Blues were able to tame the Wild in 5 then I think they should be able to prey on the Preds. Blues win in 5.

Ducks vs Oilers – It was fun watching the Oilers beat the Sharks but I don’t think the Oilers will be able to win a best of 7 series against a bigger, tougher and more experienced Ducks team. Plus I think the 1st round series took more out of the tank for the Oilers than the Ducks. I really don’t like the Ducks at all and I would love to see the Oilers win this series so I really hope I’m wrong here but my prediction is that the Ducks will win this series. Ducks win in 6.

Sens vs Rangers – This is a hard one to call because both teams showed great determination in the 1st round but I think the Sens can pull this off. I can’t really describe it or put my finger on it but I think there’s something special going on with that Ottawa team. I think the series will be close but I’m going with my heart on this one. Sens win in 7.

Caps vs Pens – I really, really, really don’t want the Caps to win. Maybe we should go double or nothing on this series Mike...lol...although you also picked the Pens to win. I don’t like Ovechkin at all and I think Crosby is amazing so I’m hoping the Pens come out on top here. I think this will be a close series but I think the Pens are a little bit faster, a little more skilled and a better team overall. Plus they have Crosby - and I would never bet against that guy - so I think they will win. Pens win in 6.

Enjoy the games!

Last edited by doriangrey; Yesterday at 03:11 PM.

Tags
baseball < knitting , nhl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode