<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Chat Forum

Chat Forum Use this forum for "chatroom" like discussion. This forum will have one or two open topics that will be pruned every few days. Post counts don't incriment in here.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Re: The official Name Dropping thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
I believe you're thinking of Lynda Carter.
yep thats her.wowww she was hot.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned

Was she Wonder Woman? I cant remember.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
Hahaha I don't think my uncle would appreciate that much!

I'm good at keeping secrets though

Old 03-31-2008, 07:45 AM

The only down side to Wonder Womans costume was that the lower part looks like she's wearing a nappy
Old 03-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Was she Wonder Woman? I cant remember.
nice one thats made my day.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned

I once played "Wild Wood Flower" on stage with The Bill Monroe...........
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

It's funny. I look at that pic of her now. And back in the day she didn't seem so under-dressed.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
It's funny. I look at that pic of her now. And back in the day she didn't seem so under-dressed.
Old age is a sh*t, ain't it?

I think with that tiny waist she could at least have a little belly showing
Old 04-03-2008, 03:54 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Welch View Post
I once played "Wild Wood Flower" on stage with The Bill Monroe...........
Very nice! I love Bill Monroe's music.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
The only down side to Wonder Womans costume was that the lower part looks like she's wearing a nappy
Thats the 70's. They needed that much cloths to hide all the bush.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Thats the 70's. They needed that much cloths to hide all the bush.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....nice
Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
(a)

Having worked for Hughes and Kettner amps I met a few great guys, my favorite - Tony MacAlpine, the most humble guitar monster I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. We (H&K amps clan and he were at a popular blues bar in Chicago - the name escapes me) and while my girl and I were in one of those photo booths, he poked his head in smiling in the photo - great guy !

I also dealt with Michael Sweet (remember Stryper?) while he was trying to land a deal with H&K for a preamp I had shown a personal friend of his a few weeks earlier in Orlando. He left his number and we talked a few times, got his demos, videos etc. But the coolest (cutest) thing was once when I called his house, the answering machine kicked in and it was his wife in the greeting doing her thing until their little son (I forget his name) kept interrupting her, all the while trying to finish the greeting, he kept on and on.

Another pair of guys I thought I'd NEVER get to jam with briefly were TJ Helmrich and Brett Garsed when the first H&K Tri-Amp came out, they jammed on the prototypes and me in my Access rack....needless to explain why, I played a couple of minutes with them and then sat back and watched the gods at play !

Andy Timmons is another cool guy. Though I didn't deal with him too often...Reb Beach as well.

I played with Turbo B (not a guitarist - rapper) of Snap! of "I got the power" and "Rhythm is a Dancer" fame....it was a project named Oblivion a rap/metal band, it lasted a good few months.

One of my all time favorite stories is when Zakk Wylde came to town (Orlando back then) and held a clinic for Gibson guitars...a snobby local guitarist who made it into one of the guitar magazines (in the local hero's column) walked up to him and asked if Zakk could critique his playing and had any pointers....Zakk said, "well yeah, sure...." took the tape and launched it against the wall on the other side of the store !!! LOL...

Last edited by Freedom777; 04-17-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
...took the tape and launched it against the wall on the other side of the store !!! LOL...
ouch, I'd burst into tears.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Hmm I have a few some not very notable but here goes.

Cast from the Sci-Fi show LEXX out of Halifax:
Brian Downey
Xenia Seeberg
Jeff Hirschfield
Patricia Zentilli
Louise Wischermann
I was working with them at cons for a few years, some stories but I don’t want to be a grapevine and lose any friends. Brian and I played some guitar together, he was band in the 70’s, and I can’t remember their name.

Brian Warner aka: Marilyn Manson
I knew Brian back in the late 80’s early 90’s when he was still playing clubs under the name Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids. My friend Tom Mims hung out with him and worked on music. Brian called him Dirty Tom. I wasn’t a fan of his but being he was a friend of Toms I put up with it. They play at a bar called “Weekends” down in Coral Springs, FL. And I wasn’t hip on going but was talked into it. They sucked badly, I mean uncontrolled feedback you name it. People walking around with lunchboxes it was silly.
I was done standing and went to sit down off to the side in a both when all of a sudden a voice said “Don’t Sit there.” I looked and saw………………..

Sebastian Bach,
Brief run in that wasn’t cool. He was at Marilyn’s crappy club gig sitting in the back with his noise chain. I didn’t see him when I was going to sit down and was rude. I just wanted to rest my dogs.

So sometime down the road Tom and Brian had a falling out about music and Tom was full set to beat his ass. I moved so didn’t get to see this all happen but back in 94 I when down to Fort Lauderdale to visit Tom and we went to a bar down town called “The Edge” or something and everything was cool until Marilyn Manson walked in and Tom ran right for him! We grabbed Tom and calmed him down, he said to Brian “You Suck!” Marilyn said “I know, I suck worse then anybody.” That saved his ass. My friend Tom is a big skin head btw. Brian would have been broken in half. I heard a few years later that Tom was at a Denny’s and Brian and crew showed up and a table got tossed but that’s all I heard of that.

Dr. Hook
My friend’s dad partied with Dr Hook at their band warehouse. We came along once and that’s all I’m saying about that

Saigon Kick’s Jason Bieler,
I went to school with his sister in Parkland, FL. They lived in Coral Springs.
His sister had the hots for me but back then who didn’t

Alabama,
My brother worked for them back in 1985.

Lemmy Motörhead,
Ran into him at …of all places…. Walmart! In Albany, Ga.

Jerry Lewis,
Saw him during the filming of “Hardly Working.” He was in the parkign lot of a Publix in Pompano Beach, FL. with a bunch of rabbits running around. I was very young at the time and asked him if I could keep a rabbit , he said “If you can grab one!”

Prez Jimmy Carter,
Back in 1992 or so a hurracain hit south GA. My mother had a old victorian/attabellum 1852. It was on the historic register and was given grants to help fix the damage done. Jimmy Carter met with us and handed us a check. Talked with him for a little bit.

Chace Masterson, (Deepspace9)
She was trying to pick me up at a bar in Atlanta during DragonCon. I was piss drunk with Brian Downey (also drunk). I said a really bad joke and past her off to Brian. I didn’t know who she was, I was told later, “You turned down Chace Masterson!”.

Hit on by Rip Taylor *gag* Thanks but no thanks.

Scott Whyte, (actor in a few films and tv shows)
Made a costume for him, became friends. We talk/email every now and then. Nice guy.

Chris Demetral, "The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne"
I met him via a girl friend at the time that was friends with his wife Jana. I took him to North Carolina for the Renaissance Fest, he had never been to one. He stopped acting and works for Direct TV last I knew and wants to be a cop, told him that was bad idea LOL.

Director Todd Livingston,
I never met him inperson but we emailed for a bit. He was working with my ex girl friend on a movie and with Xenia Seeberg. We talked about hanging out but never got around to it.

Craig Parker (Lord Of the Rings)
I ran across him and we both got goofy for the camars. Nice guy.

Mythbusters - Grant Imahara and Kari Byron
It was a robotics thing, talked prop making etc..

Virginia Hey,
Talked and stuff when I was with the LEXX cast. Saw a bit more of her then I had planned for. She has a tatoo down...there of Tibetin symbles that says “The Temple” along with a estsragen patch.

Theres a lot more but cant think of any more notable things.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
My band, The Rude Dudes, opened for The Ramones back in '79. We sucked really hard, but no one was listening to us anyway.

I probably saw you back then from 78-81 ish I saw just about every Ramones show in the NY area.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legacy One Guitars OFFICIAL THREAD thelegacy Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 1997 11-16-2010 11:06 AM
Classifieds thread expectations jim777 Off-topic / Miscellaneous 12 10-21-2005 01:40 PM
The official 'I might be getting an AANJ Radius' Thread horstausmforst Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 31 01-17-2004 06:55 PM
Official Jemfest 2003 USA Thread - INFO HERE Gabe Nickelson Jemfest Forum 52 07-12-2003 07:14 PM
the CD we are recording - jemsite keeps removing this thread shredmaster JEM and Universe Guitars 2 08-08-2001 10:08 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29