Ibanez JEM Forum banner

This might piss you off. . . .

Tags
rg3520z
8K views 58 replies 40 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So there's this new emo-kid band called "Blood On The Dance Floor". They're just awful. But that's fine. Until, however, they used this.

Now, I know what you might be thinking. "Hey, look, a new 80's rock band!". You're dead wrong. They bring shame to your love of brightly colored instruments.

If you haven't heard their music, then here you go.

If you were smart, you wouldn't click that link. It is truely terrible. Long story short, it's really crappy techno.
ALL of their songs are crappy techno.
So why do they need an RG3520MZ?
This shouldn't get me mad but it does. Because who knows what those morons are doing to that guitar.

By the way, the guy playing it (Dahvie Vanity) in my opinion could be considered to be something other than a gentleman. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, saw this and had to post. Figured some others might get a good laugh out of this :lol:

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
"Now at this present time 4channers are now turning their hate against Dahvie Vanity."

You need to get off 4chan...

The big question to me is how you came across this. From the looks of it you actively clicked on a link or read a thread about this group/guy. I don't know any of them, never heard of the group before, and it's not something I would listen to, still... You can't call him a child molester before he is convicted. I couldn't find any evidence that he is, only the drama about a fan who denied it herself... So your only reason to spread that on this forum is to try to belittle that guy. Heck, you should be happy he is using Ibanez and making the company stronger. If you haven't noticed, there is a lot of music out there, played on Ibanez guitars, that you think sucks. (Not that I could hear any guitar in the song you linked to.)

The one pickup, one knob setup looks great! :)

#7 ·
Well, it wasn't metal. I much prefer this to The Black Eyed Peas. It's that sort of thing for the young poppy pretty punky kids. I like the look a lot. I don't see the big deal, I don't think there was even guitar on the song, was there? If not, then by posing with the guitar they make younger people see that the guitar is still a tool to be cool...

#8 ·
Wow, that was just terrible! It's one thing to have crude, vulgar songs with no holds barred lyrics about sex and all that (a la Steel Panther, a parody band). This **** is targeted towards teens though, and is just as bad as all that terrible excuse for mainstream R and B and hip hop.

I personally don't care what sort of guitar a player of what ever sort of music uses, that doesn't offend me. They prefer an Ibanez, so what? So do I. That music however is just ****ing wrong, and no one should be encouraging that sort of ****e.

There should always be a bit of innuendo in rock n' roll, that's part of it, but a song outright about oral sex and nothing else? It's just pathetic.

#11 ·
Music is only aimed at young kids if we as parents allow them to listen to it. I wouldn't let my 7 and 9 year old girls listen to that, but they do listen to Alice Cooper with me...

Songs about and with inappropriate themes:

Great White-Rock Me

Aerosmith-Love In An Elevator

Lou Reed-Walk On The Wild Side

Prince-Head

Billy Squier-The Stroke

ZZ Top-Pearl Necklace

Alice Cooper-Dead Babies

The Mentors-Peeping Tom

WASP-Harder Faster

WASP-F*UCK Like A Beast

WASP-Ballcrusher

Alice Cooper-I Love The Dead

KISS-Christine Sixteen

And in truth just about everything rocking from the 70's and 80's that we listened to!

I think as we get older we tend to forget that in order to push the envelope, we have to go to extremes that the artists before us either couldn't or didn't go...

Our influences weren't any better...

Led Zeppelin was famous for sticking red snapper into naked groupies, Keith Moon used to wipe his excrement on the hotel walls, the Plaster Casters, Ted Nugent became the sexual legal guardian for a 16 year old, Bobbie Brown and Pamela Anderson screwed every musician from the 80's, Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin...So I guess my question is this...

Is it okay to do nasty deviant demeaning things behind closed doors, and only wrong when we openly and disgustingly say it in a song? Or are the older people a bit out of touch?

#18 ·
The Plaster Caster's were a crew of groupies notable for making penis molds of famous rock stars, most prominently Jimi Hendrix. Plaster Caster itself was a song glorifying the actions of these groupies by the band KISS.The example fits due to the nature of the song, if one group making music we don't like based on the style with questionable lyrics, we shouldn't be allowed to forgive those groups making music we do like with questionable lyrics. :D

#20 ·
The Plaster Caster's were a crew of groupies notable for making penis molds of famous rock stars, most prominently Jimi Hendrix. Plaster Caster itself was a song glorifying the actions of these groupies by the band KISS.The example fits due to the nature of the song, if one group making music we don't like based on the style with questionable lyrics, we shouldn't be allowed to forgive those groups making music we do like with questionable lyrics. :D
Thanks. Now there are images I'll never get out of my head.
I googled it as well and, wow, people are strange. :)

#33 ·
Yes, I mean, at least the stuff we are all familiar with from over the years the lyrics were a bit risque, but they were clever. They weren't always outright crude, there was clever wordplay.

This Blood on the Dancefloor ****, not only is outright crude and wrong, but their music is aimed at like 13 year olds (maybe a bit younger, I dunno). That **** is just wrong.

Not to mention that it just sounds plain ridiculous!

This band is on the lineup for Soundwave 2013, a massive hard rock, punk, metal, etc festival series in Australia.

The Soundwave festival page was featuring these twats last week, and all they got was extremely negative responses from people who would typically go to Soundwave. The Soundwave people stopped posting stuff about the band pretty quickly (well I haven't seen anything in the last few days), so I won't be surprised if the band are removed from the lineup due to the fact that no one would want to see them.

#35 · (Edited)
well I guess there is a large market if you aim at pissed off teens,.my 15 year old daughter is right into K pop,.and I gotta say its well done ,there is even some cool riffing in some of the tracks ,..
still if you want to get big and noticed obscene lyrics will do that and the teen market will love it,.
look at Zappa.{i like that funny guy with his huge nose}

question is would he have gotten where he did with out the questionable lyrics ,.some of his lyrics are down right disgusting.if not most .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.