<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION)

Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION) This forum area is now closed. Go to Dave's new dedicated forum on daveweiner.com.

View Poll Results: What is the ideal stage clothes for the 2005 Euro tour?
A cool Suit 19 18.45%
More casual - Jeans and a cool shirt 38 36.89%
More dramatic - An assortment of "costumes" (ala Vai) 19 18.45%
A mixture of the above? 27 26.21%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2005, 12:00 PM

Re: Tour Diary Responses- Vai: Real Illusions 2005 - Europe

Hello Dave,

I saw you in Montreal back in April...
Is it me , or the stage setting as well as the entire rig for the European tour seem a lot smaller than for the Amercian tour?

Have a nice tour BTW...))

Martin Larose
www.martinlarose.com
Old 09-18-2005, 06:03 PM

Reviews: 4

Yeah, I just noticed that new Vai axe too in the tour pics. Cool beans. Can we get a closeup of that one, Dave?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:11 AM

i say a mixture of clothes.
should be determined by the whole band look or how you are feeling that night. if everyone has a "dress suit", that look could be cool but not for one person.
when i dress for gigs (not that i could even possibly compare my gigs with yours) i try to keep our "look" as a band in the same ballpark but i must feel comfortable so i play my best without wardrobe issues ala Janet Jackson or having your butt crack show or something. i always try not to wear a shirt that shows sweat stains so much. that always looks bad IMO.

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Old 09-19-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame
I think you should wear a "cool suit" or something. I thought it was almost disrespectful when I saw you wearing a t-shirt and jeans on stage with Vai. You are very privileged to be on stage with such a legend and the least you could do is not look like a bum.
i don't think you looked like a bum and i also would think you don't want to "upstage" Steve's wardrobe either. that wouldn't be good.

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Old 09-19-2005, 02:24 PM

I'm a little late on this one, but honestly, mix it up. A cool t-shirt with a pair of pinstripe pants, some dirty, busted sneakers, and a thin wallet chain (not too thick - you don't want to look like the guitarist for a screamo band....), and a flatcap (i.e. old dirty drunken Irish farmer's hat...). I swear, it works!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smally
I'm a little late on this one, but honestly, mix it up. A cool t-shirt with a pair of pinstripe pants, some dirty, busted sneakers, and a thin wallet chain (not too thick - you don't want to look like the guitarist for a screamo band....), and a flatcap (i.e. old dirty drunken Irish farmer's hat...). I swear, it works!
very intersting, especially for your first post
welcome to Jemsite!

Old 09-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Thanks, Demon! I figured, I spend a lot of time trying to help my bandmates pick out clothing, so I might as well give my input. (Being the token chick in the band grants you the ability to play "Mom" to the guys and pick out their clothes. Except my singer. The guy has better fashion sense than most women I know...)
First time visiting the forum, so this was the first thread I stumbled upon. Heh heh...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Demon! I figured, I spend a lot of time trying to help my bandmates pick out clothing, so I might as well give my input. (Being the token chick in the band grants you the ability to play "Mom" to the guys and pick out their clothes. Except my singer. The guy has better fashion sense than most women I know...)
First time visiting the forum, so this was the first thread I stumbled upon. Heh heh...
i was wondering if you were "metro" - now i know you are a woman
singers seem to have that quality. my singer looks VERY "metro" but the women LOVE him to death!! even with his mullet but then again, we're in central FL where mullets are still fairly common.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/s...t=100_0218.jpg
i had a good laugh last weekend at a gig where there were black lights and i was standing next to him and my shirt had little white pcs of lint and his didn't. he actually uses a lint brush before a show just for that reason. he has a few shirts just like the one in the pic but in a silver sparkly type of material - very "metro"!

Old 09-20-2005, 11:17 AM

post a pic of your band sometime - would be cool to see!

Old 09-20-2005, 11:42 AM

My singer is about as metro as they come. Actually, thinking in about it, the whole band is, in a way. At least the guys. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I am somewhat manlier than the men in my group. Haha!

http://myspace-158.vo.llnwd.net/0006...65887158_l.jpg
That's a pic of my band.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM

Quote:
My singer is about as metro as they come. Actually, thinking in about it, the whole band is, in a way. At least the guys. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I am somewhat manlier than the men in my group. Haha!

That's a pic of my band.
thanks for the pic! you are right - they DO look a little metro! LOL!
it's all good!
you are a small girl standing next to those tall guys! you have to be around 5'2" or so, right?
what style of music does your band play and what is the name of the group?

Old 09-20-2005, 12:03 PM

LOL, You are right about me bring small (hence the nickname). I'm actually about 5'1". Yeah, I'm a midget... The pic is a tad strange though. My drummer (the fellow in the hat) is about four inches taller than me, my singer is about 5'7", but my bassist is like, 6'3" and that's not counting the extra 2" needed to accomodate his large hair. Heehee, I love my guys.

Anyway, my band plays stuff that would be considered rock/pop by industry standards. It's catchy, it's heartfelt, and it's not punk. The name of the band is Makel. (Pronounced MACK-uhl...) We're all influenced by different styles though. I'm more classic rock-oriented (i.e. Doobie Brothers, Boston, Kansas, Rush), and the rest of the influences range from bands like the Strokes to Dave Matthews to 70's R&B. It's rather eclectic. Check us out if you want - www.makelband.com or www.myspace.com/makel

Our stuff isn't complicated. I'm not a shredder, there are no blast beats or major time signature changes.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:28 PM

do you play a Jem? i'm guessing you have an interest in Jems seeing as you found our little spot on the internet. this site ROCKs for info and networking of friends! i'm going to check out your bands stuff now

Old 09-20-2005, 12:31 PM

cool tunes - i like it! i just put an "add" for friends to my personal myspace page and will put an "add" for a myfriend on my bands page sometime soon.
you look like you are the same size as that Les Paul you are holding LOL!! thanks for the info!

Old 09-20-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:

That's a pic of my band.
Nice .

Regards

André

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Real Illusions:Reflections Tour Sam b Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 5 11-11-2005 09:10 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29