Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What did you do for New Year's?

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Scott 74 
#1 ·
I didn't do much. I went to dinner with my parents like I do every year and then I was so exhausted, I sat in my comfy recliner in my basement and played Ghost Recon 2 all night. It was a nice change from the usual NYE type stuff...

How about you?

#2 ·
I played my first gig at my friends house for his family and friends. My friend recorded it, if I can find a way I should post it for everyone's critique. I played almost all Satriani stuff from backing tracks. Crush of Love, Time, Summer Song, Starry Night, Then one of my songs called Shadows of the Flame (its a cruddy demo but if anyone wants to listen to it, www.soundclick.com/chriscarson ), I was so nervous. My demo song is far from finished, I was just learning how to use Pro Tools at the time. It was exciting.

Chris

#4 ·
My brother Carlos and my sister inlaw invited us to their house to spen new year´s eve with them, my nephews an my niece.

The parents of my sister inlaw and one of her sisters where there too.

Today I went to the music store to see if they had the Troy dvd and how much is it and I went out of the store with 2 new cds (they begged me to buy them, I swear ;) :p )

I thought about going to my brother carlos´house to pick up my Star Wars Episode IV dvd, but I called him and he said that he preffered to bring it to me tomorrow (I wont have peace until I have that baby in my hands (My nephews are 3 years and 8 moths and 2 years and 8 months old....they have little care with things... so you can imagine why I´m worried about the "health" of said dvd)).

My parents and I went to rent some dvds.

So pretty normal and uneventful.

Dave, how you manage to play videogames for a long period of time? I can play like half hour strait and then I have to pause.

#6 ·
Tenacious D headlined a little festival at an amusement park one block away from my house, so I went to that. All hail the mighty D. Actually Dave, you probably know exactly where I'm talking about: It was Luna Park, next to the Palace, where you played with Vai in Melbourne.

#7 ·
I had a very bad new year. Spent a good time of it crying and playing guitar.....not my idea of having a good time.

I do have a goal for this year though. I want to get a good guitar technique and really improve my improvisational note choice. Time for some "Speed mechanics for lead guitar" stuff.

#12 ·
ok ok, i didnt wanna be the first person on this on this thread to say i got trashed on new years eve. lol, actually i had waaay to much (almost didnt make it to new years) but i pulled through it and ended up messing around with my 8th grade crush in my car! tis a night to remember. ah, drunken sexual escapades.... ;)

#15 ·
I hooked up with an lesbian. Swear to god. Not a girl who swung both ways but generally preferred girls, but an all-out lesbian- I think I was the second guy she'd been with in ANY sense of the word her entire life. Apparently, sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the urge to experiment. I'd been talking to her a while earlier on that night (pretty cute girl who also happened to be rather likeable) not even knowing she wasn't straight, and then a few hours and a few drinks later we started talking about the other girls at the party, and it turned out we both had a thing for the same girl, who was off hanging off of some other guy. One thing led to another, and next thing I knew she was all over me.

It was awesome. :) My friend Renee's take on it (she was a friend of Renee's, and hosted the party I was at) was that it was new year's and she just wanted someone to make out with, and if a girl wasn't going to happen, then a cute, really nice guy that her friend spoke very highly of who had similar taste in girls would do. Either way, I wasn't going to argue- it makes a hell of a story after the fact. :)

-D

#16 ·
Well.......nice way to start new year Drew.....

I also got laid but not like that.

More like....holy **** I feel bad you know what let's ****.......
BAD IDEA WITH YOU EX-GIRLFRIEND....couldn't resist.....stupid me because she deserves nothing from me because she has been such a c*** the last few days.....

maybe edit: I know the language in this post is offensive.....

#18 ·
me and my friends all drank (didn't get drunk but we drank) and then we shot potato guns at this stupid girls house around the corner. :) Can you imagine being awaken at 4am by the sound of 3 potatos hitting your house?

ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ *BOOOM!* *SPLAT!* *BOOOM!* *SPLAT!* *BOOOM!* *SPLAT!*

Now THAT was freakin fun!

Sadly nobody at my house got laid. But I suppose it was a good thing, it was 3 guys playing video games and drinking... if anybody got laid at my house I'd be really afraid of my friends.

#21 ·
my new years sucked. i don't know why, but it was just like any other day...nothing special.

lucky guys that got laid. me and my lady friend got in a fight before new years, and we weren't talking...then we made up yesterday, and i found out she had the house all to herself for that whole week. (parents were away on vacation)

*slaps self for being stoopid*

#23 ·
**Chiming in Late**

Myself and 400,000 of my closest friends clogged the Las Vegas strip.....
Watched the Crystal Method at the Fashion Show Mall, and witnessed the best Grucci Fireworks display in history: from 10 locations on the Vegas strip, $500,000 worth of pyros, and a $100,000 laser show........WOW....lol

And YES I got laid too.....hahaha

lemmy555

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.