<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION)

Dave Weiner Official Forum Archive (SEE NEW LOCATION) This forum area is now closed. Go to Dave's new dedicated forum on daveweiner.com.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Re: Who would be a really cool 3rd G on the G3 Tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelfinoPie
There's a lot of that sentiment around, I asked Joe at G3 04' why he chose not to put that one on DVD, and I can't remember his exact answer, but I remember he said he regretted it and that he'd have to tour again with Petrucci and this time get a DVD released of it.

So fingers crossed everyone...you think they'll bring out a DVD of the G3 04' tour with Fripp? That would kick so much ass if they did.
I never quite understood why the JP G3 wasn't on DVD. I mean, it is John Petrucci afterall

As for Robert Fripp, so many people complained about this tour, but I loved the show! I even liked Fripp's performance at the begining. Unfortunately there wasn't anything saying about a DVD. But just imagine being able to watch the 3 of them playing Ice Nine again and again and again.....
Old 01-27-2005, 09:39 PM

I don't know, I think Paul Gilbert would be a fun addition merely because he's a lot of ummf and he would be a light hearted addition. I think I read someone saying he'd be too much like Vai, but I think they're completely different styles. It would be a good show and Paul would definitely be a humorous addition...plus I want to see Burning Organ played live...it's just so FUNKY!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:00 PM

I don't like Paul Gilbert. With that said, I'd rather have Petrucci for the next DVD. Of course the G I think is missing here is Steve Morse. It would be just perfect....
Old 01-28-2005, 08:35 AM

Vai made a hint that the next G3 in Japan will feature a "JP", <ehem>, i can't think of anybody else with those initials other than Johnny,hehe. Besides, the timing would be perfect as Petrucci'll be releasing "Suspended Animation" this year.

Cross 'yer fingaz, babies...

Jim
www.jimantonio.tk
Old 01-29-2005, 05:41 AM

Jimmy Paige...
Old 01-29-2005, 08:04 AM

or even Jimmy PAGE. (sorry, couldn't resist.)
Old 01-29-2005, 11:11 AM

ROFL! That's actually a possibility now that you guys mentioned it...Satriani said something that every year they call in Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page...but then, for a Japan Tour, I think John Petrucci makes more sense...
Old 01-29-2005, 11:17 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman
or even Jimmy PAGE. (sorry, couldn't resist.)
Sorry I was 50/50 on how it was spelt lol...obviously I chose the wrong 50.

Delfino
Old 01-29-2005, 12:52 PM

the JP is Petrucci.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavejWeiner
the JP is Petrucci.
Think I believe you
Old 01-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Hey Davie, did you get clearance from "Himself" (y'know, d'boss, hehe) to divulge John's participation? He might get mad at 'ya and let Tony play the intro in "Erotic Nightmares" instead, LOL.

Jim
Old 01-29-2005, 04:07 PM

nothing's confirmed yet.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Antonio
Hey Davie, did you get clearance from "Himself" (y'know, d'boss, hehe) to divulge John's participation? He might get mad at 'ya and let Tony play the intro in "Erotic Nightmares" instead, LOL.

Jim
ROFLMAO!!! Hahahahah

Anyway, thanks for clearing on that for us Dave Even if it's not totally cofirmed yet
Old 01-30-2005, 09:32 PM

Chris DeGarmo (Queensryche) or Neal Schon would make it an interesting G3 lineup. Too bad it'll never happen.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:26 AM

Id like to see Gilbert as well but i dont thinl we will see him and sheehan together on stage again..wich is a great shame.
also id like to see Andy Timmons as one of the Gs.

But the naturall choice would be our very own Dave here..i mean hes already there so no extra equipment to carry about..saving big $$$ surely.
He already plays daves party piece by himself so surely handfull more wouldnt hurt eh .
As a logistical and financial point of view it would be very cost efficient surely.
PLUS we all know Dave is more than capable of doing it.

id love to see EVH on stage with vai and satch..but i dont think that will happen till eddie sobers up (wich may be a while yet)

maybe even uk guitarist Jan Cyrka ..hes awesome..very satch/vai orientated type stuff..hes even played with them before as well.

suppose the list is endless really ...but i think my vote goes to Dave

Tags
acoustic guitar, alex lifeson, allan holdsworth, alternate picking, andy timmons, angelo batio, billy sheehan, blues saraceno, brett garsed, dave weiner, death metal, dweezil zappa, eddie van halen, electric guitar, eric clapton, eric johnson, frank gambale, gary hoey, gary moore, george benson, guitar players, guitar playing, guthrie govan, harmonic minor scale, jason becker, jeff beck, jerry cantrell, jimmy page, joe satriani, john mclaughlin, john petrucci, john scofield, johnny hiland, larry carlton, marcel coenen, mark knopfler, marty friedman, michael angelo batio, michael romeo, mike stern, neal schon, nuno bettencourt, pat metheny, paul gilbert, paul gilberts, picking technique, prog rock, richie kotzen, robben ford, robert fripp, ron thal, rusty cooley, scott henderson, shawn lane, steve howe, steve lukather, steve morse, steve stevens, steve vai, stevie ray, stevie ray vaughn, string bass, stu hamm, tony macalpine, van halen, vernon reid, vinnie moore

Show/Hide Posting Rules