Ibanez JEM Forum banner
53K views 136 replies 70 participants last post by  manlopsan2 
#1 ·
Here is the first of the Korean Prestige Models

The SZ2020FMTKF

Duncan Pickups and Gibraltar custom bridge

See less See more
#7 ·
If you look VERY closely you can see (what i can make out) the pickups say Seymour Dunca/IBZ. I wish they could put real Duncans in it. Personally i don't like the top. This is because i like the flame maple symmetrical and going in the same general direction. That top just looks weird!

#9 ·
they are SD/IBZ pickups Made By SD though..

Yeah another Pic I have seen has a slightly better top..

But the upside to this is that to refin that top would take no effort at all..

It would probably take about an hour to strip all the finish and have it all masked up ready for a Nice finish!!

#10 ·
spiro said:
Positive!!!
The SZ2020TKF is being superseded by this guitar.. This Guitar comes from Cort and not the World Factory! Cort has a Custom shop which they have been setting up for the past few years..
So this is it!
The Mushoc bridge was a big clue too, but $1329 was the giveaway. Cort's not a surprise, that was coming, but you're right, here's the first downgrade to the Prestige branding, and the flood gates are sure to open next year.

#14 ·
spiro said:
The reason behind this move is that the Fuji Factory will be ceasing production of guitars altogether!.. Hoshino need to find a new Japanese factory.. maybe back to Terrada. So no more epiphone Elitists or Fender Japan..
OK, that's the first time I've heard they were ceasing production altogether!! WTF?! Got any more on this and where'd the info come from?

#17 ·
Slide top? Right.

If they had pieces of lumber large enough for a one-piece top, why would they cut it in half and offset it to give the "illusion" of a poorly bookmatched top?

It's probably more like they have a bunch of pieces that are too small to make a full top, and too thin to re-saw and bookmatch for a carved top, so they pick two that have similar flame and grain, and "sort of" match them up.

#18 ·
spiro said:
Cant say yet but it came from Someone who has nothing to do with Ibanez Guitars but from Other Companies who have Fuji Product...
Usually the best sources, if they're getting told the truth. But I just don't get it. It's a fairly sizeable producing factory. They're just going to shut it down?! Or are they going to start building pianos or something? This bites, but those luthiers have to go somewhere. Ibanez has a great oportunity putting them to work in a smaller facility, their own factory for once, but that'l never happen. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.