<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > News

News Certain topics will be moved here in order to display on the frontpage of jemsite.com. You can post followup replies here, but you can't start new theads.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Rich  is online
Vendor

Re: Js2prm

Yea, that's it! [on ALL counts!!]

Old 01-18-2005, 03:48 PM

Quote:
>What Ibanez should do is bring out:

Yea yea, everybody knows what Ibanez should do but Ibanez right? :yawn:
Dead on, Rich!!! Everybody, but Ibanez.........

Quote:
I think Ibanez also wants to have an "upper line" like these other companies which is understandable.
There is one simple rule in marketing and positioning of brands.......it's very, very hard to upgrade a lower value brand or series into a high value brand or series. Why do you think Toyota brought their Lexus as a whole new brand....and not as the Toyota Premium Series???

Funny thing is.....that they already have their own premium series that easily could have been positioned above the JS and JEM line.....The Japanese J-Custom Series........trouble is ....they don't bring 'm out world wide........

So following Ibanez reasoning......as follow up for this JS2PRM there could be a

JS 2BLNG (the JS Bling Bling) made out of 24 crt. gold. ;-)
JS GUCCI (with handbag styling)
JS BTLY (with some custom rims, and optional sunroof)
Old 01-18-2005, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
>Someone took their time and hand painted it.

Like every single USA custom graphic. Before you spit you should brush your teeth.

>Rich, I donít expect a seller/collector to reply innerness.

I've been playing for 28 years, that'sw 20 years more than I've been collecting or selling. :yawn:
Boy you know everything and everyone else knows nothing, right? And when they form a point of view I notice your the frist one to make with the personal replys.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Rich  is online
Vendor

Uh, when somebody makes a dumb statement like JS3's were the only Ibanez that were hand painted, yea, I'll point it out..... I sure don't know everything, but I do know that much.....
Old 01-18-2005, 03:57 PM
(a)

Reviews: 3

So what, he takes personal shots. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Isn't that better then making comments that upset a group of people, which a lot are doing in this thread?
Josh

PS - When did this thread become about this other stuff? I thought we were talking about the JS2PRM? Can the people that care about this actually get back to the topic instead of getting into pissing matches about the price???
Old 01-18-2005, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I think everyone has good points here about the price. However, I find it a little disturbing that basically everyone is bashing the people that really want one of these. I'm a player/collector too, but I don't think it's necessary for everyone to chime in about how unfair it is, or how stupid it is, or whatever.
Correct, cause deep down we all want this $5400 JS2PRM.

Hail to person whom posts first pic of this sucker. ;-)

Talking about hyped-up introduction, hey?

Quote:
PS - When did this thread become about this other stuff? I thought we were talking about the JS2PRM? Can the people that care about this actually get back to the topic instead of getting into pissing matches about the price???
I don't think the discussion was so much about the price of this specific guitar......more about what direction the Ibanez company is taking.

Last edited by Jemmm; 01-18-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Rich  is online
Vendor

OT

I hope I get a lower number than you do
Old 01-18-2005, 04:01 PM

Well I ddid try to PM Rich but his mail box is full. I think he needs to re-read my post. I never said they were the only. Just the only work of art

I do remember the Tat art work ones, I thought they sucked.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Oh hey, have you ever seen the JS forum so alive? Maybe Rich should post his NAMM report?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Rich  is online
Vendor

>Well I ddid try to PM Rich but his mail box is full. I think he needs to re-read my post. I never said they were the only. Just the only work of art

Oh dude, I can't agree with you more on that point. The reason is they're the only model where every one was actually different. Based on a guideline but very individual. Every Cosmic Swirl looks like every other, same for the rest of the USCG's, and actually for the most parts the same for the JS4's and 5's. But Donnies are what a real artist would do, a series of paintings each individual to itself. So I apologize for missing your meaning, even though poorly stated [or poorly read]

BTW to all, I'm leaving my inbox and PM's full, I never wanted them to begin with. I hate PM's!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:19 PM
(a)

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmm
I don't think the discussion was so much about the price of this specific guitar......more about what direction the Ibanez company is taking.
IE: new thread? I'll start it, so we can get back to the subject of this post!!
Josh
Old 01-18-2005, 05:51 PM

I was THIS close to getting a JS2PRM on order, but...just couldn't quite justify it. I'm still really happy with my JS10th, and it doesn't get played as much as it should. For the $3100 or so that the JS2PRM would run me, I've decided to pick up a new Les Paul Custom and put some $$ aside for an upcoming L.A. mini-tour. Ugh...I think I'm getting old or something.

For some reason, now that I'm gigging a ton, I've become more practical. I'll probably end up with one eventually, but it's certainly not a priority. The price isn't really much of a surprise. I think it's a cooler guitar than the JSY2K was, and the price is pretty much the same (2000 dollars vs. 2005 dollars).

On something like the JS2PRM, the price shouldn't really be an issue. It's not meant for the everyday "player" anymore than the DNA or Crystal Planet were (or the JEM10th, etc.). They're designed to be a "showpiece" for Ibanez- nothing more, nothing less.

Still...with a retail price of nearly $4k MORE than I paid for my JS10th brand new, it'd better be a flawless finish
Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 PM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
>BTW to all, I'm leaving my inbox and PM's full, I never wanted them to begin with. I hate PM's!
You can turn off your ability to send/receive PMs in "User CP".
Old 01-18-2005, 06:47 PM

Don't get too technical, Glen. Remember Rich has a small monitor, and it's several feet away from his weakened eyes.

I'd be happy just to see this JS2 in person.

Edit -1.

Last edited by The Euphor; 01-18-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:31 PM

I think it's wrong to try and justify the list price in terms of quality. It's clearly a collectors item, designed for people who have the cash and can spend it on luxuries.

As someone said, Ibanez does pretty good in covering all bases. You can get a cheapo Gio, or a great player's guitar (IMHO a RG3120 can't me matched in terms of quality versus price). If you can't or won't spend 5k on a guitar...don't be a sourpuss! Or else, go rally outside a Beatles convention, where people are paying far more than that for pieces of paper

Finally, the Ibanez people must be laughing at our criticism, (I include myself here ) they run a huge company, and even if they can't play a single note, I'm sure they know pretty well what sells and what not.

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29