Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Steve Vai - "Real Illusions: Reflections" Previews

30K views 108 replies 63 participants last post by  uofkman 
#1 ·
www.stevevaimusic.com

Sony has created a special page where fans can check out short sneak previews of all tracks from Steve's new album "Real Illusions: Reflections".

Share your thoughts on the album previews here!

Mikey :)
vai.com

#3 ·
Hmm. I like the opener. ALS is still easily my favorite of his, far and away, but I'm intrigued enough that I might actually grab this one (I still haven't been able to get into the Ultra Zone, so I was a little worried).

Lot of low-tuned stuff on this one- the bari seven?

-D

#7 ·
I'm kind of disapointed with this one. Most of the songs sound like rip offs of his old songs, or they were just plain boring. I'm still going to buy the album, because maybe these are just bad samples. My favorite song at this point is Yai Yai...I'm a sucker for those cute Evantide-ish sounds! :lol:

#9 ·
Jeff said:
I'm kind of disapointed with this one. Most of the songs sound like rip offs of his old songs, or they were just plain boring. I'm still going to buy the album, because maybe these are just bad samples. My favorite song at this point is Yai Yai...I'm a sucker for those cute Evantide-ish sounds! :lol:
I'm pretty amazed you can glean that from a collection of short 20 second samples.. but to each his own I guess...

Mikey :)
vai.com

#15 · (Edited)
Heavy f*ckin' riffs. All f*ckin' right. :twisted:

My favorites so far are "Building the Church", "Glorius", "Firewall", "Midway Creatures", and "Under It All". There are a lot of moments in here that remind me of The Tea Party (especially "Firewall") and while everything sounds like Steve Vai, it's definitely a fresh new sound. "Dying For Your Love" sounds a little Bjork-y too, which is very cool.

And man would I love to hear Jeff Martin of The Tea Party singing on "Firewall".

#23 · (Edited)
It's gonna sound nasty to most here..
I am satriani fan (like most here)
But I was UTTERLY disappointed by his last 2 albums.
When i heard the previews of Vai's new album..i had a thought and it's like this..
THIS ALBUM WILL OWN SATRIANI'S LAST 2 ALBUM'S ASSES !!!

I do not intend to offend anyone, specially fans. but this is what i felt...
pre-ordering the cd NOW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.