Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
46K views 263 replies 48 participants last post by  IbanezFreak777 
#1 · (Edited)
Kennydoe and Kirk are running this one... here are the details :)

Writing Competition #3 (AKA "just for the sharks"): Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a Jem7VWH, whichever you prefer. If you choose the JEM this is a brand Ibanez Jem7VWH Guitar & Case plus the world-famous "Rich Harris/Ibanez Rules Pro Setup"!

Cost: $100 per entry via Pay Pal (link at bottom of page)
Entries: limited to 25 entries
Odds of winning: 1:25 chance

How it works:
1. Go the the LINK on the BOTTOM of this message and enter a payment for the WRITING COMPETITION.
2. Upon payment and submission you will be given a random number to keep your competition entry anonymous. You can discuss things in the private forum or on the News Forum competition thread.
3. All writings, essays and posts for the contest upon submission become property of jemsite.com and cannot be sold, reproduced or republished without permission from jemsite.com

- - - Rules and fine print - - -
Eligibility
* Entrants must be members of Jemsite for at least sixty (60) days prior to entry date.
* Prize Value is over $2800USD + setup cost!
* Winner may substitute an item from Ibanez Rules as outlined below:
If a lesser value item is selected, winner must choose from one of the following options:
A.) Difference applied to overseas or upgraded shipping cost
B.) Difference goes into the "pool" for the next contest
C.) Portion of the difference gets applied to one (1) entry of the winner's choosing for the next contest (enter a friend)", the rest goes into the pool.
D.) A portion of the difference may be presented as a gift to a charity of winner's choice in the winner's name.

If a greater value item is selected, winner is solely responsible for ALL additional costs above the original Jem price.
NOTE: Please DO NOT contact Rich beforehand with "If I win, can I get..." questions.

* Winner is responsible for any tax, customs, import tariff or any other local fees necessary to accept receipt of the guitar not including shipment.
* Jemsite reserves the right to refuse/refund/disqualify any suspended, banned or problematic member for any reason whatsoever
* Any registrants or winners who are NOT members or eligible will be disqualified and refunded.
* Participants must have UPS delivery available to them. Go to www.ups.com and determine approx. shipping from USA zip code 08080 before entering.
* Prior contest grand-prize winners are NOT eligible. (Sorry Andy & Paul!)

Prize(s)
* Guitar is NOT returnable for cash or credit.
* Guitar has full warranty as if you'd purchased it brand new. Damage that occurs as a result of shipping will be covered under the carriers insurance, not Ibanez Rules.
* Consolation prizes may be awarded or rescinded and are subject to the same terms as the grand prize. Prizes will be announced in the private forum.
* By sending payment via Pay Pal you agree to terms and conditions and winner declared by Jemsite.com. In the case of any dispute the final decision will be made by Jemsite.com.
* Winner will be chosen by the prearranged SELECTION METHOD according to Jemsite.com. This method will be the same as prior contests.
* Longtime forum member "kennydoe" will serve as "Contest Guru". Please note that Kenny is not affiliated with or employed by jemsite.com. You may feel free to contact him with questions.
* Failure to finalize arrangements to pickup/ship guitar/prize within 30 days results in forfeiture of the Guitar/Prize. In this unlikely event, Contest Guru will choose another drawing date.

Entry/payment
* One entry per Jemsite forum member, per writing contest
* Payment must be made via paypal.com from a verified address.
* Any refunds or cancellations are subject to "return fees" as per PayPal and will not be reimbursed.
* Grand prize winners are ineligible for future prizes for 6 months from end of competition.
* Any questions may directed to the private forum or to winajem@optonline.net

"Sounds like a scam and/or the winner will be prearranged" You're obviously not familiar with Jemsite (since 1997) and its upstanding and honest administration. We will gladly put you in touch with two other forum members who are enjoying the Jems they've won in previous contests.

Click here and enter a payment for the WRITING COMPETITION.

See less See more
#53 · (Edited)
Re: Win a JEM Competition #3 (July, 2006) OPEN NOW.

Ibanez249 said:
Probably because the feeling of losing in the last draw has sunk in now and people aren't as hungry for it.

I always said it depended on circumstances too, and it does.
thanks for the enlightenment Mr. Wet Blanket.

Don't let the naysayers get you down folks. As of this post, We have 14 in with one more entry promised for today (and who knows how many others). We've only been accepting entries into the contest for almost 4 days.

We could quite possibly draw by the end of July.

~Kenny <Fade to black as Kenny puts on his green visor, lights his fat stogie and shows 249 the door>

#54 · (Edited)

Ibanez249 said:
Probably because the feeling of losing in the last draw has sunk in now and people aren't as hungry for it.

I always said it depended on circumstances too, and it does.
Life is a gamble..... if ya ain't in.... You're a "for sure looser"! You have to give to get anything. Otherwise, your just standing around wondering "why" it always is the other guy who's doing the "getting". ;)

#56 ·

kennydoe said:
thanks for the enlightenment Mr. Wet Blanket.

Don't let the naysayers get you down folks. As of this post, We have 14 in with one more entry promised for today (and who knows how many others). We've only been accepting entries into the contest for almost 4 days.

We could quite possibly draw by the end of July.

~Kenny <Fade to black as Kenny puts on his green visor, lights his fat stogie and shows 249 the door>
Mr. Wet Blanket?

Didn't you say it wasn't a problem if you don't want to enter? That's just a sh*tty attitude right there.

#57 ·

jemplayer55 said:
Life is a gamble..... if ya ain't in.... You're a "for sure looser"! You have to give to get anything. Otherwise, your just standing around wondering "why" it always is the other guy who's doing the "getting". ;)
Trust me, I know all about life being a gamble at the moment. I don't need to find out by losing a lottery.

#58 ·

Ibanez249 said:
Mr. Wet Blanket?

Didn't you say it wasn't a problem if you don't want to enter? That's just a sh*tty attitude right there.
You spoke your piece in the other thread regarding this contest...about how it was a bummer that 'regulars' didn't win the first 2 contests and how it was starting to look like a seedy bar with me acting as a bookie...it's not for you, you're not in...we all heard you.

Why do you feel it necessary to post in this thread? Was there any point, other than to drag the rest of us down and make yourself feel smarter than all the schmucks who are gambling their $100?

I/we respect your decision to sit this one out. It's a lot of money for some people to put up and it's understandable. There are no hard feelings about that. However, those that are in and/or considering it and reading this thread, aren't asking for your opinion. Are they? There's no need at all for you to come piss on the fire by saying 'it's all circumstantial' and ' people are afraid of losing because they didn't win the first time'.

People like games of chance and some people are willing and able to afford to play them. They enjoy the thrill of it. Las Vegas was built on this very concept.

You've already stated that it's not for you. Fine. Feel free to post in other threads about PGMs or about how the forum isn't working properly or which pickup sounds better for death metal/jazz thru a mesa in a mahogany body with a floyd rose and a rosewood neck with .010 gauge strings in July.

I'm sure that the people there on those threads are excited to hear your opinion on those matters because they came and asked for your opinion. nobody on this thread asked for it.

~K

Somebody on the Parker Forum has a tag that says 'don't speak unless it improves upon the silence'. Good advice.

#59 · (Edited)

Hey Guys

Come on now!
This is supposed to be all about fun, right?

You can't get ahead in life without taking a few risks.
Clearly for us folks who want to take the chance will
then enter.
Win or lose I'm just glad that I'm in....... My own choice.
For the ones that don't agree or think it's dumb for whatever
reasons, please lets just keep negative comments to ourselves

Let's keep it fun for everybody, afterall that's one of
the reasons I joined here was because of the people, the brotherhood
so to speak.

So everbody "Let's get a Long---island iced tea"
and have a blast with this!!!! LOL

Good Times

Squeegy

#60 ·

For me, $100 is alot of money. BUT, there isn't any other way for me to get my hands on a Jem anytime soon, and the thought of a shot at winning a $2800 guitar (set up by Rich, so it will be the perfect Jem) for a $100? That is hard to pass up, and with only 25 entrants, and all of them being jemsiters, its worth it =)

So to all of the other entrants, Best of luck in the competition =)

#64 ·

kennydoe said:
You spoke your piece in the other thread regarding this contest...about how it was a bummer that 'regulars' didn't win the first 2 contests and how it was starting to look like a seedy bar with me acting as a bookie...it's not for you, you're not in...we all heard you.

Why do you feel it necessary to post in this thread? Was there any point, other than to drag the rest of us down and make yourself feel smarter than all the schmucks who are gambling their $100?

I/we respect your decision to sit this one out. It's a lot of money for some people to put up and it's understandable. There are no hard feelings about that. However, those that are in and/or considering it and reading this thread, aren't asking for your opinion. Are they? There's no need at all for you to come piss on the fire by saying 'it's all circumstantial' and ' people are afraid of losing because they didn't win the first time'.

People like games of chance and some people are willing and able to afford to play them. They enjoy the thrill of it. Las Vegas was built on this very concept.

You've already stated that it's not for you. Fine. Feel free to post in other threads about PGMs or about how the forum isn't working properly or which pickup sounds better for death metal/jazz thru a mesa in a mahogany body with a floyd rose and a rosewood neck with .010 gauge strings in July.

I'm sure that the people there on those threads are excited to hear your opinion on those matters because they came and asked for your opinion. nobody on this thread asked for it.

~K

Somebody on the Parker Forum has a tag that says 'don't speak unless it improves upon the silence'. Good advice.
Who's fire am I pissing on? I said good luck and I meant it. I don't need to make myself feel better by posting anything of the sort. It was in jest that I said about it being like a seedy bar and if you took it like I was moaning then that's your problem. Who's a schmuck for putting $100 up? nobody, if they want to do it that's up to them and I wish them nothing but the best. Now if I was "moaning" about "regulars" winning that'd be one thing, but I wasn't was I? it was just a comment on how a few of us felt and it doesn't really matter anyway because both guys turned out to be really cool people. Those reading the thread are here are either in or out regardless of what I say so I don't see how commenting on it being "circumstantial" and "people are afraid of losing because they didn't win first time" harms your raffle. I know all about people liking games of chance, I earn plenty through people playing my fruit machines thank you very much. And no, people don't specifically ask for one individual's opinion on gear outside of maybe Rich.

If you want to pick an argument, go ahead, but you won't win because I've not done anything wrong.

#68 ·

JJEMMER777 said:
Ah...here we go again....:roll:

EXCUSES!!! :mad:

:D Just ribbin ya buddy :)

If anyone else backs out, they'll be thrown into the Iron Maiden for LIFE8O
Ooohhh, Kinky. Might have to pull out...

I'll be signing up once my credit card billing cycle rolls over. Stupidly went out and bought the latest mobile phone (which is awesome. I am such a sucker for the latest gadget) last week. Cost a bit. Should be in by monday.

#72 · (Edited)

update 7/24/06

we have 16 people entered and 3 who have contacted me with promise of payment and a few misc inquiries. The rest on the list on page 1 are MIA.

If you want in, now's a good time. At this point, the MIAs will be bumped for those ready to enter immediately.

Almost there folks!
~Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.