Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
46K views 263 replies 48 participants last post by  IbanezFreak777 
#1 · (Edited)
Kennydoe and Kirk are running this one... here are the details :)

Writing Competition #3 (AKA "just for the sharks"): Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a Jem7VWH, whichever you prefer. If you choose the JEM this is a brand Ibanez Jem7VWH Guitar & Case plus the world-famous "Rich Harris/Ibanez Rules Pro Setup"!

Cost: $100 per entry via Pay Pal (link at bottom of page)
Entries: limited to 25 entries
Odds of winning: 1:25 chance

How it works:
1. Go the the LINK on the BOTTOM of this message and enter a payment for the WRITING COMPETITION.
2. Upon payment and submission you will be given a random number to keep your competition entry anonymous. You can discuss things in the private forum or on the News Forum competition thread.
3. All writings, essays and posts for the contest upon submission become property of jemsite.com and cannot be sold, reproduced or republished without permission from jemsite.com

- - - Rules and fine print - - -
Eligibility
* Entrants must be members of Jemsite for at least sixty (60) days prior to entry date.
* Prize Value is over $2800USD + setup cost!
* Winner may substitute an item from Ibanez Rules as outlined below:
If a lesser value item is selected, winner must choose from one of the following options:
A.) Difference applied to overseas or upgraded shipping cost
B.) Difference goes into the "pool" for the next contest
C.) Portion of the difference gets applied to one (1) entry of the winner's choosing for the next contest (enter a friend)", the rest goes into the pool.
D.) A portion of the difference may be presented as a gift to a charity of winner's choice in the winner's name.

If a greater value item is selected, winner is solely responsible for ALL additional costs above the original Jem price.
NOTE: Please DO NOT contact Rich beforehand with "If I win, can I get..." questions.

* Winner is responsible for any tax, customs, import tariff or any other local fees necessary to accept receipt of the guitar not including shipment.
* Jemsite reserves the right to refuse/refund/disqualify any suspended, banned or problematic member for any reason whatsoever
* Any registrants or winners who are NOT members or eligible will be disqualified and refunded.
* Participants must have UPS delivery available to them. Go to www.ups.com and determine approx. shipping from USA zip code 08080 before entering.
* Prior contest grand-prize winners are NOT eligible. (Sorry Andy & Paul!)

Prize(s)
* Guitar is NOT returnable for cash or credit.
* Guitar has full warranty as if you'd purchased it brand new. Damage that occurs as a result of shipping will be covered under the carriers insurance, not Ibanez Rules.
* Consolation prizes may be awarded or rescinded and are subject to the same terms as the grand prize. Prizes will be announced in the private forum.
* By sending payment via Pay Pal you agree to terms and conditions and winner declared by Jemsite.com. In the case of any dispute the final decision will be made by Jemsite.com.
* Winner will be chosen by the prearranged SELECTION METHOD according to Jemsite.com. This method will be the same as prior contests.
* Longtime forum member "kennydoe" will serve as "Contest Guru". Please note that Kenny is not affiliated with or employed by jemsite.com. You may feel free to contact him with questions.
* Failure to finalize arrangements to pickup/ship guitar/prize within 30 days results in forfeiture of the Guitar/Prize. In this unlikely event, Contest Guru will choose another drawing date.

Entry/payment
* One entry per Jemsite forum member, per writing contest
* Payment must be made via paypal.com from a verified address.
* Any refunds or cancellations are subject to "return fees" as per PayPal and will not be reimbursed.
* Grand prize winners are ineligible for future prizes for 6 months from end of competition.
* Any questions may directed to the private forum or to winajem@optonline.net

"Sounds like a scam and/or the winner will be prearranged" You're obviously not familiar with Jemsite (since 1997) and its upstanding and honest administration. We will gladly put you in touch with two other forum members who are enjoying the Jems they've won in previous contests.

Click here and enter a payment for the WRITING COMPETITION.

See less See more
#114 ·
Re: Win a JEM Competition #3 (July, 2006) OPEN NOW.

I still cant believe a crazy idea I had one evening has made two people extremely happy.. maybe good karma will come to me this time.
It was an excellent crazy idea! Thanks for thinking of it. ;)

So glad to see this next competition get so close to sending a new guitar out to a Jemster. This will be good!

#118 ·

Well, I'd like to help you out, but I've been unceremoniously rejected
due to not being in the freakin' club for 60 days. However, being an
incredible poet, I will entertain you with my latest masterpiece:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I wud like to participate
in this contest wit' U

- Bill

#126 ·

ONE MORE SPOT OPEN. I HAVE 24 ENTRIES AT THIS TIME!!!!!!

It may seem like a lot of money, but I have blown more on a three-card poker table in 5 minutes, and the odds are in this competition are in your favor!!!!!!

#134 ·

I say let him in again, I mean ya need one guy to get this going, we got one, and everyones torturing him cause hes 6 days off..

Like kicking a guy when hes down.. No one thought this would get the amount of people it did cause of the entry.. But it went fast why prolong it.

We get him in, and were off and running, and then a new one can form and start it all over again at a new entry price.

#135 ·

(looking at calender) ..... it's only five days now! I'll bet he gets in anyway. I don't hear much chatter about anyone else wanting to get in. Those five days will fly by..... anyway, if he misses this one he can organize or get in on the next one. ;)

#136 ·

- - - Rules and fine print - - -
Eligibility
* Entrants must be members of Jemsite for at least sixty (60) days prior to entry date.
These were set from the start and 24 people already entered based on these rules. I know SOME of you feel it's fine, but unless we get 24 'yes, let him in's, i don't feel right doing it. If he wins, not only will there be a lot of whining, but we could get sued.

Besides, it'd take 5 days to get the unanimous response anyway.

If he's in on 8/20, that's just over a month for entry collection. We'll draw within a few days of the last entry, I promise. It's not so bad.

Mr. Snowfall, i assure you this is nothing personal. You seem like a swell guy and I hope you'll be the 25th entry. BTW...that 25th spot was offered to me free of charge, and i declined, so if you enter and win, you're having me over for dinner.

~Kenny

#137 ·

These were set from the start and 24 people already entered based on these rules. I know SOME of you feel it's fine, but unless we get 24 'yes, let him in's, i don't feel right doing it. If he wins, not only will there be a lot of whining, but we could get sued.

Besides, it'd take 5 days to get the unanimous response anyway.

If he's in on 8/20, that's just over a month for entry collection. We'll draw within a few days of the last entry, I promise. It's not so bad.

~Kenny
+1 I'm cool with that...........no rush here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.