Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airguitar"

91K views 764 replies 104 participants last post by  SRVoodoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airguitar"

WIN A BRAND NEW IBANEZ JEM7VWH GUITAR + CASE
$2800 USD RETAIL VALUE - ONE IN 125 CHANCE TO WIN!
STARTS FEB 7, 2006 - 8pm EST - FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

BREAKING NEWS:
CONTEST IS CLOSED AS ALL SPOTS ARE FULL SAT FEB 18, 2006
NO MORE ENTRIES UNTIL NEXT CONTEST

THERE WILL BE TWO CONSOLATION PRIZES AWARDED to TWO PEOPLE who come "closest" to winning. TWO RUNNER UP PRIZES: $50 paypal plus free entry into the next contest.

RESULTS
WINNER: airguitar
CONSOLATION PRIZE: Kirk and Rickcard71

See details of JEM contest here

Competition #1: Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a JEM7VWH whatever you prefer. If you choose the JEM this is a brand new Ibanez JEM7VWH Guitar & Case w/ full setup & stud modification from Rich at Ibanezrules.com

Cost: $20 per entry via paypal (link at bottom of page)

Entries: limited to 125 entries within 2 months of Feb 2006

Odds of winning: 1:125 chance

Old thread: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44286

COMMON QUESTIONS & HELP - CHECK BACK HERE REGULARLY
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Competition Slots available: Feb 12, 2006 - 100 entered, 25 spots left

How do I enter this competition? Where? See the link just above here to enter.

Q: What does my $20 get me?
your $20 entry fee enters you into a contest where there will be one winner selected among the 125 entrants. In case of a tie a winner will be randomly selected where you are assigned eight numbers between 000&999. The numbers are all relative to each other by 125. e.g. the person who has #000 also has 125, 250, 375, etc.

Q: How are those numbers determined?
1: You can enter your favorite three numbers when you pay your $20 entry fee (will use the first one that isn't already taken)
2: Kenny will select one at random from a random number picker on the Web. The other 7 numbers are relative to the first number (as explained above)

Q: I paid, now where are my numbers?
Kennydoe, our 'Raffle Guru', is handling everyone's money and all the numbers. When all 125 entries are sold, the list of everyone's numbers will be posted publicly, along with the date of the drawing.

Q: I paid my entry fee 2 days ago but had a dream last night that my winning number was "362". Can I tell Kenny to change my number?
NO. Once your number is assigned, it's set in stone.

Q: When is the drawing?
48-72 hours after the last ticket is sold.

Q: I just signed up for Paypal and I'm listed as 'unverified' - it will take a few days to verify myself, but the rules say I need to be verified to enter. What should I do?
Just sign up and send money. We won't draw without you, unless you take more than a week or two to be verified.

paypal.com: I've [Kennny the raffle treasurer] already received a couple of emails about 'what's paypal and how do i use it?' I'm helpful by nature, but PLEASE...try to figure it out yourself. www.paypal.com. Sign up for an account, it's free. you can either put money into an account or you can hook it directly into your bank account. Paypal will not charge you, as a buyer, to use their service.

email address for all inquiries is winajemAToptonline.net. Glen & I will both have access to it, however i think it will probably be mostly me who's checking it ;) Any messages other than this paypal email that says you paid will be ignored. Do NOT email about numbers, etc.

Winning Number selection: is randomly generated by the same lottery site the winning number will be picked. If you requested a "number" it may or not be assigned and if not you get random numbers. Everyone will get EIGHT NUMBERS that range from 000-999 (1000 combinations = 8x125)

eligibility of moderators & vendors: I have concluded since they all began as forum members and many have contributed to the forum over the years, they are eligible to participate in the raffle EXCEPT the "guitar dealer/reseller vendors" who are comprised of Rich, Matt and Eric. In addition myself and kennydoe are not eligible. See raffle page for member requirements.

See less See more
#752 ·
Re: Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airguitar"

Congratulations AirGuitar (sorry I'm a bit late with the congrats, been busy!) Nice to see a winner that didn't have a Jem already and nice to see the prize come to the UK too. Looking forward to the next competition.

#756 ·
Re: Win A New JEM7VWH **Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition** NO SPOTS LEFT!!

AirGuitar said:
It sure is!

Cheers again everyone! I certainly dont own a Jem already, and this is absolutely brilliant! Cant wait to receive her, ill deffinately post pics! :)
Congratulations. I'm glad it didn't go to someone who already had an army of Jems.

Wanna swap it for a jar of magic beans?

Would you believe, half a coffee can of enchanted M&Ms?

Okay it's a pocket full of kroutons, a paper clip and a rubber elephant from a Christmas bon bon, just gimmie the Jem or I'll cut ya.

Just kidding. :) Can't wait to see photos of your new Jem.

#758 ·
Re: Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airgui

SRVoodoo said:
I too would've taken the UV.
nice to know that Airguitar will finally have a Jem :)

'sides, after my wedding, the wife gave me permission to buy my Legacy & all the other gear I want :) I'll buy a mirror Jem when they put a vine on the neck.
Id I had a JEM then a UV would have been great :) But i could never choose a UV over a JEM without actually owning a JEM :)

#762 ·
Re: Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airgui

Congrats on the guitar.

I must say, I didn't really have any real hope of winning, but I figured either the money would go to Rich, who I figured can always use the business, or the money would go to help support Jemsite, which is a great board, and well worth a $20 investment.

So, even if I didn't win, I still feel it was worth it.

Plus, someone got lucky and got a new guitar.

A win-win, IMHO.

But then again, what do I know. I'm playing a Carvin even as I'm typing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.