Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airguitar"

91K views 764 replies 104 participants last post by  SRVoodoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Win A New JEM7VWH *Feb 2006 Forum Member Writing Competition* WINNER IS: "airguitar"

WIN A BRAND NEW IBANEZ JEM7VWH GUITAR + CASE
$2800 USD RETAIL VALUE - ONE IN 125 CHANCE TO WIN!
STARTS FEB 7, 2006 - 8pm EST - FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

BREAKING NEWS:
CONTEST IS CLOSED AS ALL SPOTS ARE FULL SAT FEB 18, 2006
NO MORE ENTRIES UNTIL NEXT CONTEST

THERE WILL BE TWO CONSOLATION PRIZES AWARDED to TWO PEOPLE who come "closest" to winning. TWO RUNNER UP PRIZES: $50 paypal plus free entry into the next contest.

RESULTS
WINNER: airguitar
CONSOLATION PRIZE: Kirk and Rickcard71

See details of JEM contest here

Competition #1: Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a JEM7VWH whatever you prefer. If you choose the JEM this is a brand new Ibanez JEM7VWH Guitar & Case w/ full setup & stud modification from Rich at Ibanezrules.com

Cost: $20 per entry via paypal (link at bottom of page)

Entries: limited to 125 entries within 2 months of Feb 2006

Odds of winning: 1:125 chance

Old thread: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44286

COMMON QUESTIONS & HELP - CHECK BACK HERE REGULARLY
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Competition Slots available: Feb 12, 2006 - 100 entered, 25 spots left

How do I enter this competition? Where? See the link just above here to enter.

Q: What does my $20 get me?
your $20 entry fee enters you into a contest where there will be one winner selected among the 125 entrants. In case of a tie a winner will be randomly selected where you are assigned eight numbers between 000&999. The numbers are all relative to each other by 125. e.g. the person who has #000 also has 125, 250, 375, etc.

Q: How are those numbers determined?
1: You can enter your favorite three numbers when you pay your $20 entry fee (will use the first one that isn't already taken)
2: Kenny will select one at random from a random number picker on the Web. The other 7 numbers are relative to the first number (as explained above)

Q: I paid, now where are my numbers?
Kennydoe, our 'Raffle Guru', is handling everyone's money and all the numbers. When all 125 entries are sold, the list of everyone's numbers will be posted publicly, along with the date of the drawing.

Q: I paid my entry fee 2 days ago but had a dream last night that my winning number was "362". Can I tell Kenny to change my number?
NO. Once your number is assigned, it's set in stone.

Q: When is the drawing?
48-72 hours after the last ticket is sold.

Q: I just signed up for Paypal and I'm listed as 'unverified' - it will take a few days to verify myself, but the rules say I need to be verified to enter. What should I do?
Just sign up and send money. We won't draw without you, unless you take more than a week or two to be verified.

paypal.com: I've [Kennny the raffle treasurer] already received a couple of emails about 'what's paypal and how do i use it?' I'm helpful by nature, but PLEASE...try to figure it out yourself. www.paypal.com. Sign up for an account, it's free. you can either put money into an account or you can hook it directly into your bank account. Paypal will not charge you, as a buyer, to use their service.

email address for all inquiries is winajemAToptonline.net. Glen & I will both have access to it, however i think it will probably be mostly me who's checking it ;) Any messages other than this paypal email that says you paid will be ignored. Do NOT email about numbers, etc.

Winning Number selection: is randomly generated by the same lottery site the winning number will be picked. If you requested a "number" it may or not be assigned and if not you get random numbers. Everyone will get EIGHT NUMBERS that range from 000-999 (1000 combinations = 8x125)

eligibility of moderators & vendors: I have concluded since they all began as forum members and many have contributed to the forum over the years, they are eligible to participate in the raffle EXCEPT the "guitar dealer/reseller vendors" who are comprised of Rich, Matt and Eric. In addition myself and kennydoe are not eligible. See raffle page for member requirements.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Win A New Jem7vwh - Forum Member Only Raffle STARTS FEB 7 @ 8pm

COMMON QUESTIONS & HELP - from Kenny the raffle Treasurer
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To clarify (again) about requesting numbers: The only time requests can be made is when the 'ticket' is purchased. period. no IMs, PMs or BMs (that's poop, for those who don't get it).

Any messages outside the paypal email that says you paid re: numbers will be ignored.
To clarify the clarification:
Once you're assigned a number, it's set in stone. I WILL NOT change numbers. It's enough work over here as it is.

9:40am New York time; 43 entries purchased, 82 available.

Thanks.
~Kenny

#4 ·

I know this is early - but if we don't get enough folks in on this I'm all up for giving everyone thats already entered ONCE a chance to do ONE more $ 20.00 entry. That way it stays fair and one person can't buy up all the remaining spots. I'm figuring MOST of the folks that already did one $ 20 will gladly do another. (I said most) So it should about double (maybe) the current number of raffle tix bought up...and double our chances:)

BTW - thats okay Kenny. I'll stick with my 077;)

#5 ·

i hear you but keep in mind your own odds of winning (1:125) don't change if 124 other people purchase one ticket or 10 people purchase 24 more tickets. we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

:) good luck... glen

#6 ·

JJEMMER777 said:
BTW - thats okay Kenny. I'll stick with my 077;)
huh? one of your numbers has a "77" in it, but it's not 077. And i don't see where you requested that number

077 was dispensed to somebody else via the random #s.

I hope you weren't counting on that one! ;)

~K

#7 ·

kennydoe said:
huh? one of your numbers has a "77" in it, but it's not 077. And i don't see where you requested that number

077 was dispensed to somebody else via the random #s.

I hope you weren't counting on that one! ;)

~K
Nope - I didnt request it. (or any number) I was just taking a shot in the dark. As long as one of them has a 77 in it that's fine by me;)

Lol...Your new title fits you well:)

#11 ·

I didn't see this particular issue addressed, but as we're only 125 people and there are 1000 combinations possible, what do we do in the event of noone's #'s being picked? Wait til the next day?

Bamm

#20 ·

Arrrghh no! The paypal button on the raffle page doesn't work for me! Can someone help me enter please? Do I literally just have to send a PayPal payment to Kennydoe and he'll get my email address from that? On that basis, what paypal account WOULD I send the money to?
Thanks people,
~M

#21 ·

littlegreenman said:
just entered, curious, how are the numbers assigned?
In keeping with the 'full-disclosure' clause in my life, the DC lottery's random number generator was sluggish this morning, so today's random numbers were generated by a different site. I entered the 000-999 field and pressed 'go' for each entry. if anybody wants the link to the site, let me know.

bammbamm said:
I didn't see this particular issue addressed, but as we're only 125 people and there are 1000 combinations possible, what do we do in the event of noone's #'s being picked? Wait til the next day?
Bamm
I saw glen replied, but it might not make sense to everyone.

your $20 entry fee buys you eight numbers between 000&999. The numbers are all relative to eachother by 125. e.g. the person who has #000 also has 125, 250, 375, etc.

That's right, EIGHT numbers for $20. You won't find a better deal anyplace on the 'net. :lol:

~K

#22 ·

Mylo said:
Arrrghh no! The paypal button on the raffle page doesn't work for me! Can someone help me enter please? Do I literally just have to send a PayPal payment to Kennydoe and he'll get my email address from that? On that basis, what paypal account WOULD I send the money to?
Thanks people,
~M
how come it has worked for the 40-50 other people and not for you?

#23 ·

Mylo said:
Thanks people,
~M
At least you can see it Mario :lol: I had to drive up to work in order to enter.

Reboot;)

#24 ·

Atleast you can drive jjemmer. Grrr. I am blaming this on the fact that I have a crappy ol' Celeron and not an AMD X2.

Right, gonna restart.

P.S. When I visit the states i'm *GOING* to steal one of your FPs jjemmer!

~M

#25 ·

Mylo said:
Atleast you can drive jjemmer. Grrr. I am blaming this on the fact that I have a crappy ol' Celeron and not an AMD X2.

Right, gonna restart.

P.S. When I visit the states i'm *GOING* to steal one of your FPs jjemmer!

~M
Per Tom's warning "careful, he has guns" :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.