Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win a JEM Competition #4 (October, 2007) - ALL SPOTS TAKEN!

52K views 310 replies 80 participants last post by  jono 
#1 · (Edited)
WIN A BRAND NEW IBANEZ JEM77VBK GUITAR
$2800.00 USD RETAIL VALUE - ONE IN 100 CHANCE TO WIN!
STARTS TUESDAY OCTOBER 2, 2007 5PM EST - FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

Writing Competition #4: Win the position of "Jr. Editor of Jemsite" for 3 months or a JEM77VBK, whichever you prefer. If winner chooses the JEM it is a brand new Ibanez JEM77VBK Guitar & case setup by Matt's Music to their specs.

Cost: $25 per entry via paypal (link at bottom of page)
Entries: limited to 100 entries within 2 months of the start of the competition
Odds of winning: 1:100 chance

Kennydoe is running this one... here are the details :)

Writing Competition #4
SEE CONTEST PAGE FOR INFO

COMMON QUESTIONS & HELP - CHECK BACK HERE REGULARLY
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Competition #4: October 2007 - 100 spots available

Q: How do I enter this competition? Where?
A: See the link just above here to enter.

Q: What does my entry get me?
A: Your entry fee enters you into a writing contest where there will be one grand prize winner selected among the entrants and four 'runner up' prizes. Upon payment you will be given 10 numbers between 000-999 so that selection of a winner is anonymous.

Q: How are those numbers determined?
A: from a random number picker on the Web (See below for more info)

Q: I paid, now where are my numbers?
A: Kennydoe, our 'Contest Guru', is handling the numbers. When all entries are sold, the list of everyone's numbers will be posted publicly, along with the date where the winners will be announced.

Q: When will the contest winner be chosen?
A: Within a few days after the last entry comes in and the numbers are distributed

Q: Can I enter more than once?
A: No. One per household (forum member). If the contest stalls after a few months, we will consider multiple entries, but this has never happened, so don't get your hopes up.

Q: I just signed up for Paypal and I'm listed as 'unverified' - it will take a few days to verify myself, but the rules say I need to be verified to enter. What should I do?
A: Just sign up and send money. Your space is reserved unless you take more than a week or two to be verified.

Q: What is paypal.com"
A: (From kennydoe) I've received a couple of emails about 'what's paypal and how do i use it?' I'm helpful by nature, but PLEASE...try to figure it out yourself. www.paypal.com. Sign up for an account, it's free. You can either put money into an account or you can hook it directly into your bank account. Paypal will not charge you, as a buyer, to use their service. If you don't/can't/won't sign up for paypal, please contact me (PM Kennydoe) if you want to enter to make other arrangements. I'd really prefer not to do it this way, however.

Eligibility of moderators & vendors: I have concluded since they all began as forum members and many have contributed to the forum over the years, they are eligible to participate in the raffle EXCEPT the "guitar dealer/reseller vendors" who are comprised of Rich, Matt and Eric. In addition, myself and kennydoe are not eligible. See raffle page for member requirements.

Q: What are the runner up prizes?
A:
TWO second prizes: Line 6 Toneport UX-1's. Learn more here http://line6.com/toneportux1/

TWO third prizes: 10 pack of Ernie Ball or D'Addario strings (gauge will be winner's preference, but must be approved by Matt's Music)

Q: How will they be drawn?
A: The winner will be chosen concurrently with the DC Lottery Lucky Numbers http://dclottery.com/WinningNumbers.aspx?GameID=6

The date/time used to select the winners will be announced 1-2 days in advance. We will use 5 drawings over 3 days to pick the winners, starting with the 3rd, 2nd, then grand prize.

Q: What if I win a 2nd or 3rd prize? Am I still eligible for the other prizes?
A: Yes. But pretty much everyone will hate you. Putting back a lesser prize for someone else to win is expected.

Q: Can I get a different guitar if I win?
A: No. These are the prizes. If you don't want a Jem77VBK, enter a different competition.

Click here for Competition Details Page & to Enter the WRITING COMPETITION.

PLEASE HOLD ALL POST PAYMENT QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE COMPETITION FORUM

See less See more
#12 ·
Re: Win a JEM Competition #4 (October, 2007) OPEN NOW.

Hey all

I'll have time to enter everyone tomorrow and get you all admitted to the *ahem* private area.

Reminder to Alex10 - no whining! clearly stated in the rules ;)
And thanks for sending out all those PMs.

Glen...can we please lock up the other thread in the Polls section? Maybe put up one last one that directs people here.

thanx!

#13 ·

Hey all

I'll have time to enter everyone tomorrow and get you all admitted to the *ahem* private area.

Reminder to Alex10 - no whining! clearly stated in the rules ;)
And thanks for sending out all those PMs.

Glen...can we please lock up the other thread in the Polls section? Maybe put up one last one that directs people here.

thanx!
I didn't get one of those PM's. More than likely because I was not in the orginal vote so I was not on that list

#16 ·

PLEASE HOLD ALL POST PAYMENT QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE COMPETITION FORUM

If you did not request joining the competition usergroup, DO THAT IMMEDIATELY AFTER PAYING (see instructions) :)

... glen

#21 · (Edited)

so far I have the following people have entered
alex10
cosmicdebris
_MKK_
algiman
ScreamJem7
gitarguy
supermau
GTR-MAN
Petie
IbanezFreak777
WildChild
HSH
Dex
KDAD
Jim777
taracatac
Kurac
gurj
winger
WMerkert
jb4674
FloridaNative
buddroyce
gpenguins
valdex

There are one or two others entered that have not sent me the email addy associated with their paypal. If you have entered and don't see your name, please contact me with this info ASAP.

TWO VERY IMPORTANT THINGS :
1: PLEASE SEND ME YOUR SCREEN NAME AND THE PAYPAL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOU (this doesn't apply to anyone who is listed above)

2: IF THE ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PAYPAL IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE YOU CHECK REGULARLY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE ONE YOU CHECK REGULARLY. WE DO SENT OUT GROUP EMAILS TO ALL ENTRANTS FROM TIME TO TIME.

3: on the contest page (http://www.jemsite.com/compete.htm) please click on the "request to join" link (under the Pay Now button) after you have processed your Paypal.

Sorry for the caps.

#32 ·

So what's the headcount so far fellas?
30 in so far...as of 9am NY time Thursday 10/4

_MKK_
alex10
algiman
buddroyce
cosmicdebris
Dex
FloridaNative
gitarguy
gpenguins
GTR-MAN
gurj
Gusfmm
HSH
IbanezFreak777
jb4674
JEM77BRMR
Jim777
KDAD
kirk
Kurac
Petie
RG1820X
ScreamJem7
supermau
taorama
taracatac
valdex
WildChild
winger
WMerkert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.