<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > News

News Certain topics will be moved here in order to display on the frontpage of jemsite.com. You can post followup replies here, but you can't start new theads.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:23 AM

EP7

So has anyone actually played the Euphoria or heard it played? I'm real interested in how this guitar sounds and plays. I've never played an all maple acoustic. Most of my gigs are acoustic and this could be a possibility. I think I like the pic where the finish looks glossy better than the satin finish.

-Lonestar
Old 01-16-2004, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
What's with the headstock on the Daron Malaikan model? Is it a plain reversed headstock, or is it something unique to his model? (can't tell because of the dark background in the pic)

I'm finding I really like that guitar for some reason, mostly the finish.
Saw the pic on Ibanez' site and see it's reversed...but why the small body? Where's the pickup selector?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:29 PM

Hm.....Well.
I want to share something with you...And i hope Rich us to answer this:

I am an Ibanez Dealer, and in the new 2004 catalogue i can read:

-JS1200CA.....DiMarzio Paf Pro (H)?????
DiMarzio Fred (H)

So WTF , where is THE PAF JOE???.....I AM AFRAID to see that .

Rich Please HELP....Tell me that there is a mistake in the Catalogue.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:27 PM

Does anyone know if the Daron Malaikan model is going to be tuned to C (like his guitars are) at the factory?
Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 PM

Let down

I agree with btweensunandmoon, what a dissapointment from Ibanez. Let me summarize:

Jem/UV series - Unchanged! Probably the biggest dissapointment of all. I was really expecting to see a chrome Jem or maybe a redesigned UV.

PGM301 - nice to see a higher level model than the PGM30 but where's the PGM300 for those that want a trem?

K7 - no change. I was hoping for a lower priced version (actually, I'm waiting for them to drop it so I can pick one up on clearance )

I guess the one plus is a new color for the JS.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:02 PM

PGM301

The people requested "We want what Paul plays".
Old 01-16-2004, 03:05 PM

I've gotta say, I'm disappointed in the lineup this year also. I mean, you look on the Japan website and see all of those cool RG's (e.g. RG2770, and several maple boards) and cooler stuff in general, and here the stuff is relatively boring. The new neck-thru HH model RG is cool, though it's old news on the Euro market, but I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon. New S series stuff, better Artist...yawn. If I ever find myself a good chunk of money, I'll run over to Japan and buy me some RG's and some of those really sweet high end Artstars. I mean, not only are they beautiful, but have all the cool ebony boards and bindings....I could go on and on. Why don't they release some of that stuff here? It IS the USA, a VERY large guitar market, and also where rock started, and why we have mediocre guitars, who knows?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:15 PM

I don't know if anyone here is still at the show, but if so, how about a picture of the OLP petrucci?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Napkins
Hm.....Well.
I want to share something with you...And i hope Rich us to answer this:

I am an Ibanez Dealer, and in the new 2004 catalogue i can read:

-JS1200CA.....DiMarzio Paf Pro (H)?????
DiMarzio Fred (H)

So WTF , where is THE PAF JOE???.....I AM AFRAID to see that .

Rich Please HELP....Tell me that there is a mistake in the Catalogue.
MUST be a typo, otherwise they wouldnt have labelled it js1200... it's a plain js1000 with the paf pro as we all know...
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 5
really a mixed bag IMO.

You get some great stuff-

* a definitive PGM model
* a cool looking Euphoria from Vai
* a nice new color on the old JS design

Bad news:

* Ibanez never gives the US market the attention they give to their own. Sad too, since they'd sell a lot more guitars here if they weren't pushing off their leftovers on us.

* DBK still sitting around- which means the mirror concept wasn't ready.

* still no high-end lefties- ie no Jem7VWHL or PGM301L
Old 01-16-2004, 07:42 PM

Okay... So they give us an actual color on the 550, and take the maple away.

They bring over another highend RGT model.

They bring over a Japanese-made RG guitar with Sharkteeth(WOOHOO!!!!).

They put out a PGM that's actually WHAT PAUL PLAYS.

They put out higher-end SA and SZ models.

I don't see the problem here.

As far as I'm concerned, this the best year for an RG since 1994. If I didn't have a dental bill the sixe of the Washington Monument, I'd be out buying the RG2570EX.

Unless something shifts in music over here, I don't expect this to change.. You forget that even Pop music in Japan has shred solos. I'm highly surprised they released the 2570EX over here at all.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:24 PM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
Hey Rich, it's hard to tell from the pic, is that a mirror pickguard on the 2550 or a black one?
It's like a smoked mirror, like the inlays.

The name PAF JOE was come up with too late to make the catalog.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:11 PM

Lots of people are disappointed in the lineup this year, but i think Ibanez has done a pretty good job in diversifying the lineup and bringing back some more classic burst finishes. Worth noting is that quite a few of the model lines (SA, SZ, RG) have at least one oiled mahogany model. Sweet.

I think Ibanez is going to have a hard time moving Andy Timmons models when the Prestige SA1260 is very nicely appointed and has a list price $1000 less.

It's definitely a more mature Ibanez lineup this year. Not so much flash this year. (Except for the crazy SZ with those silly flame inlays and gaudy abalone purfling all over it... just like all the other premium Korean guitars from other manufacturers.)

Hey, Rich... If you're still out there, can you swing by the Ernie Ball/Music Man booth and snap a pic or two of the OLP Petrucci model?
Old 01-16-2004, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Hey, Rich... If you're still out there, can you swing by the Ernie Ball/Music Man booth and snap a pic or two of the OLP Petrucci model?
Yes, please!

I like the look of those oiled mahogany fixed bridge RGs. I could definitely be tempted to blow my beer money on that...
Old 01-16-2004, 09:53 PM
(a)
Vendor

Back in Jersey

Tags
abalone dots, andy martin, andy timmons, andy timmons model, basswood body, block inlays, brian moore, bridge pickup, chrome hardware, chrome jem, custom shop, darren wilson, dot inlay, dot inlays, double neck, ebmm petrucci, ebony board, ebony boards, electric guitar, ernie ball, expression pedal, expression pedals, fixed bridge, frank gambale, guitar mag, headstock design, humbucking pickup, ibanez dealer, ibanez guitars, jim dunlop, john petrucci, john petrucci model, korean guitar, les paul, locking bridge, locking stud, locking studs, locking tremolo, locking trems, mahogany body, maple neck, mesa boogie, monkey grip, music store, neck dimensions, neck pickup, neck scale, neck shape, paf joe, paf pro, peavey amp, peavey jsx, petrucci model, pickup switch, pickup switching, piezo bridge, pod pro, power amp, quilted maple, reversed headstock, richie sambora, rosewood fingerboard, signature guitar, signature strat, stephen carpenter, steve vai, sunburst finish, trem guitar, trem studs, tube power amp, vintage trem, zakk wylde

Show/Hide Posting Rules