Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Listing guitars elsewhere for sale?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  GoodVaibes 
#1 ·
What is the problem exactly with listing guitars here that you have on other sites? Is there a particular reason that is unacceptable? Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Short version... You can list wherever you want (obviously) but we're not allowing the classifieds here to promote paid auctions nor be a google/spambot to advertise auctions or "buy it now" listings. Remember too if an item is on auction it has terms/conditions on the auction site. Buyers on jemsite have confidence in the classified knowing they can't get played or leveraged with auctions. It's really simple if you want to list on e-bay then just post there and not here. See many prior discussions for more. Thanks... glen

#11 ·
Hello Folks,

I would like to know if there's a certain forum to post craigslist ads for Jems etc. I'm on tour and tend to find them as I travel around. I thought it would be cool to flag some ads up on Jemsite for others to see. For instance there's a LNG ad in Athens, GA right now but I don't want to break any Jemsite rules or upset anyone who might be a member of Jemsite and are also advertising on the 'list. Thanks in advance for any advice!

#12 ·
The mood on many forums is that this is counter-productive as:

a) the people who are interested are already looking on these sites (there are Craigslist search engines, after all), and

b) if there are any deals out there, it's not helped by publicising them to the tyrekickers and the drive-bys, particularly if members are already trying to set something up. I've seen big arguments on forums caused by this kind of thing - particularly when people send helpful emails to sellers saying "you know that $1000 LNG is worth a lot more..."

So there's nothing stopping you, but good reasons not to. Maybe ask yourself why no-one else is doing so here?

(And to clarify, that's personal opinion rather than official site policy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.