Ibanez JEM Forum banner

ACH1 & ACH2 pickups

20K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  laptopluney08 
#1 ·
Hey guys..well i recently scored a really nice IC200 Iceman from a fellow fourmite, and i have a question for yall...sooo...i recently replaced the ACH pickups in my AS-73 with Dimarzio PAF's and couldnt be happier with the results....however i really had no complaints about the ACH's in there at the time but the PAFs did put that guitar into the stratosphere and it rocks...now this guitar has the stock bridge pickup in it and a Seymour Duncan in the neck ( i really dont like SD at all) so i what thinking that i have these really nice crome covered ACH's that would look AWESOME in there...anywho...just wondering if anyone had any experiences with these in a solid body?? Again i really dug them in the AS and they sounded good clean and dirty...anyone know how these would fare in a Hard Rock metal situation?..nothing too broots

#2 ·
I think your experience is really typical for a lot of Ibanez players. The ACH pickups are just okay. They're not terrible and they're not amazing. Mediocre.

I owned an ARC100BS with these pickups and like I said, it was fine when I was starting out, but as soon as I developed my ear, I could hear the weak points. Just a little muddy, lacking any tones that stood out in any frequency. Plain bass. Plain mids. Plain treble.

The V-series pickups in my RG20th were a step up from these; I really like the Ibanez stock V1/S1/V2 setup in that guitar. But DiMarzios would be another improvement.

Peace

Mike

#3 ·
Yeah ive had dozens of pickups...believe me, being a huge Dimarzio fanboy i know the differences...but its just that im looking to do this without going for alot of bucks right now, and i have these laying around doing nothing...yeah i know my battle proven combo of a tone zone and paf would kick ass but i dont have the duckets at this moment...and i thought these sounded pretty good in the AS so i was just wondering if anyone had experiences with these in a solid body...or i may just wait till i can score some dimarzios

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.